Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Good win for her. Andy Murray in Scot mode now, lost first set to absolute no mark James Duckworth. Will probably still win this  but he is never ever getting close to winning a slam or even into the second week on this form. Cam Norrie the best hope for the mens at the moment ( though it will be really interesting to see how Draper gets on )

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Come on Emma, let's see that beautiful smile. I really hope she can find some momentum and hopefully get back to the kind of tennis she thrilled us with at the US open. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Everything looks a real struggle for Andy now doesn't it. 

I don't know why he carries on. He's going to be in a world of pain in later life the more he plays, all to be just someone making up the numbers.  I'm sure he doesn't need to play for financial reasons. 

Shame because he would have had big few years I think, he could hold his own against the big dogs and with Federer ageing he would have been in more finals and probably won more if he'd have stayed fit. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Everything looks a real struggle for Andy now doesn't it. 

The last thing to go is that competitive instinct. After all his injury nightmares, especially the hip, it must feel like a victory just to be competing at this level. Long may it continue, imo.

Looked looser and more agile the game went on but early rounds he looked stiff and laboured and was making some odd noises lol.

I think everyone with a soul would like one last Andy Murray run deep into Wimbledon. However unlikely it is.

Yes its very unlikely he will make the second week. It would be great for Raducanu to get back to the type of tennis she played in the US Open but I think she will do well to get to the second week. Looking out for Katie Boulter who looked good at Eastbourne. Beat Pliskova and gave Kvitova the toughest match she had in the tournament. 

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Nick Kyrgios, love him or hate him, he can certainly be entertaining. Tennis has always had characters and he's certainly up there with the best of them. 

He’s a clearing. 

• Like 4

Navratilova just said everyone in the arena wants to see Serena go through. Very disrespectful to Tan that comment. 

Edited by Ingram85

Not usually my thing but I watched it with the missus from the final set. Great game to watch but that commentary was awful

What a great victory for Tan, many would have crumbled but she kept coming back. Williams didn’t play badly I don’t think so Tan is entitled to feel she really did deserve that victory

• Like 1

I don’t know the current rankings etc but presumably Williams is in the same sorta category as Murray in that her best days have gone and she is just playing as she enjoys the competition , I thought she showed why she was previously a champion today , desire and effort when the body seemed to have given up 

Â