Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Think Djokovic will win. Nadal for me seems to have lost that something about his game from his most dominant years.

Eh Nadal's on great form on hardcourts, Djokovic has lost that air of invincibility he had during 2011 and early part of 2012.

Think Nadal will win in 4 sets which would put him on 13 slams. Am I alone in really not wanting him to beat Federer's record, something about him that makes me struggle to warm to him. Great competitor and champion of course but not really my kind of Tennis player.

Glad Djokovic got obliterated, pay back for allowing Murray to win Wimbledon. 

He didn't get obliterated, he lost a very hard fought match. he should really have won the third set. Some of the best tennis played ever. That 54 shot rally was immense.  Djokovic doesn't finish players off like he used to. He looses too many key points. Guess Nadals knees wont hold out forever so he should add to his tally of 6 slams.

Edited by PaulC

If Nadal stays fit, he could catch Federer

I think he will. He's only 4 behind. Australia next! The draw is crucial but its much tougher for Murray to win slams now as he will be ranked 3 and will have to beat Nadal and Djokovic to win a slam.

He didn't get obliterated, he lost a very hard fought match. he should really have won the third set. Some of the best tennis played ever. That 54 shot rally was immense.  Djokovic doesn't finish players off like he used to. He looses too many key points. Guess Nadals knees wont hold out forever so he should add to his tally of 6 slams.

That's quite funny, also that 54 shot rally was like 50 odd hacks, nearly fell asleep. 

Are you saying he needs to tighten up his game? I'd agree.

Edited by 8pints

That's quite funny, also that 54 shot rally was like 50 odd hacks, nearly fell asleep. 

Are you joking? These guys on the pro circuit don't hack, they were 54 high energy sapping shots. In the second set and the first half of the third Djokovic was probably playing the highest quality tennis that's ever been played, he just could not keep it up. Nadal beat him because he was in a better shape physically, he's done amazingly to get himself into the shape he has after his injury troubles.

I think Nadal's and Djokovic's post match comments back this up also, if Djokovic cut out a few errors that led to him losing the third set and demoralising himself he would of been hard to match

Edited by villaguy

Â