Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I was surprised how up for it Newcastle were at Bournemouth, you'd think they were the team in the relegation zone. That's not to say they'll pull that out against Watford. Could be the game they finally are on the beach, mentally.

Bruce is trying to keep his job, isn’t he? If he can creep in the top half it would be harsh to sack him so think that’s the end game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Do you honestly believe that us and Bmouth are going to get to 31 points? If not, Watford could be safe now

I was agreeing with u that Villa could get to 33 but in my opinion we'd still get relegated if we finished on that.

When people were doing permutations for the past week, everybody had Watford getting 3 points today, and 5/6 points overall. Unless they got 6 points for today's victory, I'm failing to see how this means we're down.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Watford are pretty bad but so are Newcastle. Watford will sense blood if we don’t beat Man U and with Pearson in charge he will make sure they are right at it. I think they will win comfortably but I do hope I am wrong.

Not seen anything from Watford to suggest that.  Norwich are so poor yet that player at the end could’ve secured a deserved draw...it was flashed across goal and he could reach it...how he didn’t score I don’t know.  That’s only Watford 3 win outside of Pearson’s new manager 3 week bump at the end of December.  Watford are awful.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I was agreeing with u that Villa could get to 33 but in my opinion we'd still get relegated if we finished on that.

I think if we get 33 points we stay up...I think Watford May get another point but that’s about it and Bmouth are gone IMO.  2 wins for us is crazy but I’m retaining hope

Not seen anything from Watford to suggest that.  Norwich are so poor yet that player at the end could’ve secured a deserved draw...it was flashed across goal and he could reach it...how he didn’t score I don’t know.  That’s only Watford 3 win outside of Pearson’s new manager 3 week bump at the end of December.  Watford are awful.

They did beat Liverpool 3-0. I watched that game and they were superb 

Just now, M_Afro said:

They did beat Liverpool 3-0. I watched that game and they were superb 

One game....we beat Leicester over two legs.  Those performances are a rarity by both teams

I think if we get 33 points we stay up...I think Watford May get another point but that’s about it and Bmouth are gone IMO.  2 wins for us is crazy but I’m retaining hope

If we don't beat United and Watford beat Newcastle we are down. That's it.

I don't see what's really changed tonight. We all expected Watford to win tonight and they did. If anything,  I thought they'd probably win by more than one goal and further widen the goal difference gap, so it could have been worse, as well as better. We need that to be Watford's last win and for them to get no more than another point. We also need to get some points ourselves and to definitely beat Palace. We still have a chance, in my opinion, although it will be anything but easy, it's not quite impossible yet.🤞

• Like 1

One game....we beat Leicester over two legs.  Those performances are a rarity by both teams

True. We were incredibly lucky against the foxes much to my amusement as it is my home city. I was the only person in our road going nuts when Trez scored. Seems a bloody long time ago mind!

• Like 2

Stick a fork in it, its done. Man U and Arsenal are now in form and can you really see Villa at present beating Palace, Everton, and West Ham? Just being  realistic. It is going to take something spectacular to get us out of the bottom 3.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If we don't beat United and Watford beat Newcastle we are down. That's it.

I think we’ll still be discussing all this on the last day of the season.  Watford won a game we all expected them to win and they struggled to do that and now we have a meltdown from fans that Watford will win games.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Stick a fork in it, its done. Man U and Arsenal are now in form and can you really see Villa at present beating Palace, Everton, and West Ham? Just being  realistic. It is going to take something spectacular to get us out of the bottom 3.

Something “spectacular” you say....almost “super”

Sorted 😂

• Like 1