Relegation thread

Knutserov13

If we're no more than four points from safety after the Palace game then I think we will still be in with a chance of staying up, considering Watford's last two games are Arsenal and Man City. If we can get closer to them than four points evening better at the end of the day. Can't forget that West Ham aren't out of it yet, they're only four points ahead of us, and we've still got to play them.

Just now, TRO said:

I beg the question.

the players trusted Dean in the promotion season, he won them over with a 10 game winning run and a play off final and the cup run.....Will the players be as convinced next season, in the championship after this season.

I am not convinced the same level of confidence will be around the place.

You mean when the players look around in the dressing room when we are 1 down at Coventry and think " what would Jack or Tammy do in this situation "

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If we're no more than four points from safety after the Palace game then I think we will still be in with a chance of staying up, considering Watford's last two games are Arsenal and Man City. If we can get closer to them than four points evening better at the end of the day. Can't forget that West Ham aren't out of it yet, they're only four points ahead of us, and we've still got to play them.

Hmmm could be right. West Ham are better than us though and they are showing it now when it matters. I think they'll pick more points up before we play them and if they are 4 ahead of us on the last day then that game has nothing riding on it. For me, Watford beating Newcastle ( not a given ) puts the nail in our coffin.

Just now, AVTuco said:

Nope. 28 points most likely.

Imagine saying in August we wouldn't be even capable of 30 points after the mass spend.

Last few months hugely disappointing. Certainly going to adopt a much more critical stance next time we get promoted regarding transfers. Just being grateful for any old mid table dross to join us should not be acceptable next time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Southampton was bad players were terrible and that Leicester game was the last straw.We looked lifeless.

The Son goal relegated us imo. To lose it in the manner we did was a sporting tragedy and we've never really looked like we believe we can win a game since.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You mean when the players look around in the dressing room when we are 1 down at Coventry and think " what would Jack or Tammy do in this situation "

I think it will be another 10 game run and suck it and see.....and we have the cheek to have a motto "prepared"

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

We still need 7 points. We have to beat Palace and West Ham and draw against Everton. If the players want to stay up then they should be capable of that. 

7 is even actually absolute bare minimum if you think of it. It's not 7 yep home and hosed. We get 7 and West Ham and Watford keep kicking on a bit, we are still done

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The Son goal relegated us imo. To lose it in the manner we did was a sporting tragedy and we've never really looked like we believe we can win a game since.

That was another tragic moment in a season full of them.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Fair shout.

I kinda knew we were in deep trouble after the Southampton game, but since then, there have been a few more that cemented my thoughts.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nah mate, like it all season. Burnley at home one example. 2-1. Nervous wreck. They couldn't see it out. Loads of instances like that.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We also have a game in hand, but thanks I guess for going back in time and correcting me.

Sorry, it was cheap.....just looking for a bit of fun in a cesspit of demise.....no harm meant.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry mate, but you always think we can nick a result. Something we haven't done since beating Watford in January (league form)

I know, I'm starting to fall away in terms of hope obviously but still five games to go. 

We still have a chance, history and results suggest we dont but we beat Leicester in the cup, we beat Everton at home, we beat Newcastle on my Birthday.....I know it's not much but I cant give up with 5 games to go.  I honestly cant see where the points come from I really cant.  I think it will still be up for grabs on the last day of the season....how we get points to be in that spot to have a chance I dont know either because I know we will concede and I cant see us scoring.  I lost quite a bit of hope that Norwich had those good chances and then Watford went up the other end and Welbeck mis-shinned the ball and it went in the back of the net.

It scares me that we might not even get 30 points this season.  If we lose the last five games we will have drawn 2, lost 12 in our final 14 games.  Is that possible? of course we have drawn 2, lost 7 in the last 9 games.  I just have to cling onto the hope that the law of probabilities, even as a poor team as we are, that we'll win one of the next four and might, give us a chance in the final game to save ourselves.  That then means we need to win 2 of the last 5 games which seems a long stretch and still might not be enough.

I understand the odds are well not in our favour but teams have climbed out of worse and this result tonight made a massive dent in our chances, it isnt over until it's over.

• Like 2

"And you can tell him if he's watching we're still fighting, and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something and honestly i would love it if.....( Oh no wait , not applicable here ) 😁

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

About a third of last season was great, in the championship. In the premier league our last 71 games have produced 10 wins.

fun fun fun GIF

18 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

We still need 7 points. We have to beat Palace and West Ham and draw against Everton. If the players want to stay up then they should be capable of that. 

I don't think 7 points will be enough personally. Would leave us on 34. One win each for Watford and West Ham levels with us and Watford have a good chance against Newcastle and West Ham definitely have a good chance with Burnley (H) and a now certain relegated Norwich to play. Them two could play out a draw and settle for 35 + points.

Always said 36 to 38 points needed to have a chance, stick by that. We drew with Man U earlier this season, let's f***ing rattle them. 5 cup finals. Starts from Thursday night. Not Palace. 

Edited by WakefieldVillan