Generic Virus Thread

villakram

The sore throat was definitely the worst part about it for me when I got it. 

I felt generally pretty shit, but the sore throat hung around for absolutely ages

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Serious respect for anyone who went through this before the vaccine was developed. 

It impacts people differently. I think i've had it twice, and nothing more than a mild cold from memory. Quite lucky in that respect. 

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I texted Mrs Sidcow an order of Crumpets (only thing I can eat) and coffee 15 minutes ago and nothing has arrived yet. You can't get the staff these days. 

I hope she is on the new minimum wage structure :) 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Holy mother of God. Why did no one mention the Diarrhea? 

That (or the stomach pain that accompanied it) was the most alarming thing for me when I got it. Absolute agony. I didn't know it was Covid at the time, mind you, as it was early on, at the start of the first lockdown. Short of breath, light headed, headache, fever, (mild but repeated) coughing and dry throat and then the stomach pain on another level altogether. GWS Shedder.

I've felt rough for about 10 days now  , no cough it just started with mucus in the throat , actually coughed up phlegm that was so rubbery I reckon I could have sold it to Michelin

Throat then went like I'd been sharing a packet of iron filings with Sidcow  on sat , then Sunday night  my throat kept feeling like it was blocked , sleep was a bloody nightmare as I'd essentially wake up with  sleep apnoea and a feeling that my throat was blocked with something 

throat still blocked now not as bad as it was but still makes getting a decent sleep difficult and the mucus out my nose this morning seemed to be almost lime green in colour and very thick

Not done a covid test , but keeping away from people just in case I'm a bit contagious  , seems to be a lot of ill people around at the moment , probably in a similar scenario to me where they probably have flu but it could be something else 

When I caught Covid previously , I guess it was sometime between jab 1 and jab 2  , I didn't even know I had it  , I sneezed about 3 times but a random test came back as positive  ... so if this is Covid , it could show the difference between  having up to date jabs and not having had any for numerous years .. or it could just be a different strain 

12 hours ago, T-Dog said:

@sidcow Get well King, you gonna smack this shit like McGinn smashes Spurs players when he's frustrated.

Or Matty Cash when he's just chilling

• Haha 1

The two bouts of Covid I've previously had were nowehre near as bad as the massive aids I had over Easter.  Something very nasty been going round down here.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It impacts people differently. I think i've had it twice, and nothing more than a mild cold from memory. Quite lucky in that respect. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cse2b43q3964lxy4pb

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cse2b43q3964lxy4pb

Its about the only thing health wise I can flex about :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh, and my throat feels like I've been eating iron filings. 

The first time I had it the sore throat was the worst I’ve ever had , hang in there buddy you’ll feel invincible in a week 👊

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I've felt rough for about 10 days now  , no cough it just started with mucus in the throat , actually coughed up phlegm that was so rubbery I reckon I could have sold it to Michelin

Throat then went like I'd been sharing a packet of iron filings with Sidcow  on sat , then Sunday night  my throat kept feeling like it was blocked , sleep was a bloody nightmare as I'd essentially wake up with  sleep apnoea and a feeling that my throat was blocked with something 

throat still blocked now not as bad as it was but still makes getting a decent sleep difficult and the mucus out my nose this morning seemed to be almost lime green in colour and very thick

Not done a covid test , but keeping away from people just in case I'm a bit contagious  , seems to be a lot of ill people around at the moment , probably in a similar scenario to me where they probably have flu but it could be something else 

When I caught Covid previously , I guess it was sometime between jab 1 and jab 2  , I didn't even know I had it  , I sneezed about 3 times but a random test came back as positive  ... so if this is Covid , it could show the difference between  having up to date jabs and not having had any for numerous years .. or it could just be a different strain 

Just checked. I only had the last jab in October. I thought it had been over a year ago now.  I'm diabetic though so I think I got a later dose most didn't get. 

For sure the longer ago your last dose was the worse it will get. 

Not sure what the incubation period is but I went to work on Tuesday and it was very noticeable that loads of people on the train and in the office were having serious coughing fits so something is going round. 

More likely someone I've come into contact with over Easter though I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

nose is still all bunged up for about 3 weeks now , with the amount of snot coming out every time I blow my nose  I reckon I've lost a stone in weight and smashed Toxteth O'Grady's world record at the same time  still a fair bit of phlegm in the throat , but  physically I feel ok 

all a bit weird though 

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I reckon I've lost a stone in weight and smashed Toxteth O'Grady's world record at the same time

cool-reference-ally.gif

• Like 1

Â