Generic Virus Thread

villakram

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

It could well be milder - that could be correct. That doesn't necessarily mean we might not get an uncontrollable amount of admissions

Exactly.

If my shopping bill comes down by 20% but I need to buy it twice as often then it’s not good news.

So, I've done a crude measure myself in relation to London data. I took the 7 day average of daily hospital admissions (a) and 7 day average of number of people in hospital with covid (b) and calculated a ratio of a divided by b. This is my measure of how increasing hospital admissions translate into increasing numbers of people in hospital with Covid. 

So if the number is high people being admitted are in hospital for longer, while a lower number means those admitted are in hospital for shorter period of time

In the last winter wave you have a clear steep line up to the peak from 7 to 32 with a drop then back down to a low of 7 in July when the July unlocking wave takes it less steeply up to 13 where it's kind of stayed up and down until 26 days ago where it's begun to drop back down to 7. So the recent drop from 13 to 7 would give further indication as Omicron took hold the length of hospital stays have dropped despite admissions on the rise.

• Thanks 1

Still awaiting test results for Zen jr. It’s the difference between all of us being out of quarantine immedietly, and worst case where the wife has to stay in for another seven days. Which is ironic, as she’s been consistently unsymptomatic and had mutliple tests (both kinds) come back negative. 

F***ing exhausting, the wait. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

So, I've done a crude measure myself in relation to London data. I took the 7 day average of daily hospital admissions (a) and 7 day average of number of people in hospital with covid (b) and calculated a ratio of a divided by b. This is my measure of how increasing hospital admissions translate into increasing numbers of people in hospital with Covid. 

So if the number is high people being admitted are in hospital for longer, while a lower number means those admitted are in hospital for shorter period of time

In the last winter wave you have a clear steep line up to the peak from 7 to 32 with a drop then back down to a low of 7 in July when the July unlocking wave takes it less steeply up to 13 where it's kind of stayed up and down until 26 days ago where it's begun to drop back down to 7. So the recent drop from 13 to 7 would give further indication as Omicron took hold the length of hospital stays have dropped despite admissions on the rise.

Graphs or GTFO

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Speak of the devil.

The boy doesn’t have the plague and xmas is saved. Rejoice!

Hold on ? - your wife isn't in quarantine for 7 days - and you're saying Christmas is saved ? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The lads just tested positive.

Cancel Christmas.

Cancel everything.

Double jabbed, has his booster booked early Jan.

19 and fit though so should be OK I hope 🤞

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Double jabbed, has his booster booked early Jan.

19 and fit though so should be OK I hope 🤞

Ahh, just enjoying the news about @El Zen junior and then saw this 😢

Hope he’s alright mate, hopefully you can have a get together and a Christmas meal early in the new year instead 

• Thanks 1

Just been to Brum drop off my Spare Laptop to some hottie from work. I wouldn't have dreamed of it if it was one of the lads.

Anyway she lives in a apartment by the German market. Nightmare, couldn't get anywhere near had to walk through town. hardly saw any mask wearing, no one seems to give a *****

This is what I mean though, this is why it's spreading like no other. Wouldn't really think alot of it, if I didn't read on here, as I don't believe the governments constant scare mongering.

Â