Konsa - Mings - Hause

Guilbert                                            Targett

Luiz - McGinn

Jota                      Grealish

Wesley

Edited by MaVilla

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, Kodjia isn’t Premier League quality

You said best XI when everyone is fit, We've seen what he can do when fully fit and its far more than any other striker at the club has shown

Plus I want to see us play 2 up front as a sole striker in Wes just doesnt work and its pointless playing 2 defensive strikers in Davis and Wes. Also our "wingers" in El Ghazi and Trez are rubbish so the best formation with the players available is what I posted above

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Luiz, Nakamba, Trezeguet, Wesley and El Ghazi are all rubbish so a team without them lot in it. 

On what planet is Luiz rubbish?

I would say:

Heaton
Guilbert   Engels     Mings    Targett
           McGinn    Luiz    
    *TBC*     Hourihane       Grealish
                *TBC*

But I'd have Hourihane, Grealish + A N Other rotating positions so that Grealish can take up more central positions.

I don't think we have a striker at the club who is worth a start in that lone striker role. It's not Wesley or Davis's natural position, and Kodjia is a law unto himself, but equally I don't want to play a 4-4-2 just to accommodate our crap striking options. Need to sign someone new. Same for that right flank.

I'd also say that Konsa and Hause are both good for a start, and whether you prefer Engels or Konsa largely depends on how quick the opposition attack are. All of our centre backs have been good signings.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You said best XI when everyone is fit, We've seen what he can do when fully fit and its far more than any other striker at the club has shown

Plus I want to see us play 2 up front as a sole striker in Wes just doesnt work and its pointless playing 2 defensive strikers in Davis and Wes. Also our "wingers" in El Ghazi and Trez are rubbish so the best formation with the players available is what I posted above

I don’t think Wesley should be written off, he has shown signs of having potential 

Heaton

Konsa                                      Mings

Guilbert                                  Hourihane                                      Targett

Douglan Luiz                               McGinn 

Grealish

El Ghazi                                        Davis

If I was in charge with everyone available I'd like to try this, against stronger teams throw Nakamba in for Conor. I'd allow for a good degree of positional fluidity in that too.

I can't make a first XI. We haven't got a single winger I'd want anywhere near the team. I'd rather play Guilbert further up than have any of Trez, El Ghazi or Jota near the team. I'd need to change formation quite a bit to accommodate that.

And Hourihane is a starter - how people can not see that is beyond me. This whole 'disappears' thing is rubbish and a band wagon response for people who don't watch us play enough. He has bad games but he offers at least as much as Nakamba, scores more than Luiz and impacts on games far more than most give credit for - a backwards pass is not a crime if you build from the back and maintain possession. He, unsurprisingly, changed the game today by being incredibly tidy and efficient with an amazing finish to complete it. How many assists and goals now?! Integral cog.

But I may be going off topic...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think Wesley should be written off, he has shown signs of having potential 

Huh? I didn't write him off, you jumped to one big conclusion there. I just said Kodjia has shown more in the 4 years that he's been here, especially when he was fully fit that first season.

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

And Hourihane is a starter - how people can not see that is beyond me. This whole 'disappears' thing is rubbish and a band wagon response for people who don't watch us play enough. He has bad games but he offers at least as much as Nakamba, scores more than Luiz and impacts on games far more than most give credit for - a backwards pass is not a crime if you build from the back and maintain possession. He, unsurprisingly, changed the game today by being incredibly tidy and efficient with an amazing finish to complete it. How many assists and goals now?! Integral cog.

I've put him in my starting XI, but I also agree with the criticism that he disappears from certain types of game.

I think Nakamba has better positional instincts than Conor, but is so technically suspect that I would start Conor ahead of him. Luiz is IMO a better all round midfielder (with much more room to grow), but you're right that Conor offers a unique goal threat.

Going only with what we have available and as our wingers are generally pretty shit, I'd go with a diamond in midfield with either Conor or DL chosen depending on the opposition!

Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Targett

Nakamba

McGinn--------------Hourihane/luiz

Grealish

El Ghazi Wesley

Subs: Steer, Konsa, Hause, Hourihane/luiz,Lansbury,Kodjia, Davis.

Edited by zab6359

Â