Xbox Series X

LakotaDakota

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone using xcloud? 

Nah, waiting for it to get added to the consoles and tv apps like you mention. I have no intention to play on my mobile phone. 

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone using xcloud? 

I'm interested in it, if they put it as a smart TV app I'd be back on game pass, it would be huge 

Yes but it’s absolutely shite. I’m on 200mb speeds and the lag makes everything unplayable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim said:

Yes but it’s absolutely shite. I’m on 200mb speeds and the lag makes everything unplayable. 

Are you using it to play online multilayer or single player? 

I'm more or less exclusively single player 

1 hour ago, jim said:

And this is why cloud gaming is going to struggle in the mainstream.

I have also used xCloud and have used it to complete pixel precise games like Celeste. I have had no issues, but there are so many variables to game streaming.

• Distance from the data center/exchange housing xCloud hardware.
  • Connection Speed.
  • Connection Quality.
  • Connected over LAN or WiFi.
    • If WiFi is it 2.4Ghz WiFi, or 5Ghz WiFi.
  • Number of people in the house using the connection.
    • What are those in the house using the connection for.

There are so many variables. For me I live really close to an exchange that is likely housing xCloud hardware, plus I live alone so I'm the only one using the Internet.

When I was playing Celeste the input delay was mild enough that it almost felt like I was playing it locally on my PC.

Now some games did fare worse for whatever reason, but my experience on xCloud both on phone and via the browser app on PC has been good.

That said I will never endorse, or recommend xCloud at least not in its infancy as while I've had a good experience with it there is no guarantee others will. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Are you using it to play online multilayer or single player? 

I'm more or less exclusively single player 

Single player. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 22/12/2021 at 15:53, Ingram85 said:

**** finally snagged one! Arriving by 31/12. Can’t wait! Been a bit of a battle trying to get one and now it’s over. Excited!

The Xbox XX is coming out soon mate!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The Xbox XX is coming out soon mate!

I swear if they announce a mid cycle refresh next year I’ll be fuming lol. 

Impressed so far, ive got guardians of the galaxy and Cyberpunk arriving on Monday and have been playing master chief collection so far, the series x upgrades for it are great.

I’m trying to convince the missus that it’s worth getting a 120hz tv now 😁

46 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Impressed so far, ive got guardians of the galaxy and Cyberpunk arriving on Monday and have been playing master chief collection so far, the series x upgrades for it are great.

Hah! I’m not sure they will. Will take a fair bit to make it better then what it is, they’ll start treading into the next gen. 

It arrived quickly then?! 

I’ve been tempted to upgrade my Xbox One, but can’t justify getting the X at the moment, especially as the only games I really play are Fortnite and Rocket League with a couple of mates. I do enjoy the Assassins Creed series, however not played it since Syndicate. Also grabbed Halo from Game Pass the other day so need to give that a bash! 

A TV upgrade will take some convincing! Good luck!! (Sales soon though! 😬

Edited by Tayls

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

If Ubisoft+ gets included with Game Pass like EA Play then that would be incredible. 

It seems like Ubisoft are giving Game Pass a trial run as Rainbow Six: Extraction is launching day one on Game Pass for Xbox, PC and Cloud on January 20th. If that does well then we might see more Ubisoft games on Game Pass, and if those go well then Ubisoft might just bite the bullet and join Game Pass fully. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

If Ubisoft+ gets included with Game Pass like EA Play then that would be incredible. 

There's a difference in that ubisoft+ has day 1 titles 

They also don't have something like FUT where people pump money in to it meaning they could give away the base game for free really, maybe this new AC set up will see at least something 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 24/12/2021 at 16:12, Ingram85 said:

I used on regular 4k TV for a while and didn't notice much difference from One X. Convinced the missus to upgrade to OLED by not telling her and the difference is VHS to Blu-ray. I could never go back to regular TV now

• 3 weeks later...
Â