Xbox Series X

LakotaDakota

31 minutes ago, MCU said:

Again... you sound like me haha. Growing up I put so many hours into Fifa, Call of Duty and Gears of War (generic stuff like yourself). Used to get home from school and work and just play all evening with my mates. I had a 360 and loved it, then I converted back to PlayStation 4.

Since then, losing contacts with friends as we went our separate ways etc, I’ve just fell out of love with gaming. I’ve tried getting into so many of these amazing titles over the years, even GTA 5, but I just can’t stay interested.

Gears of War was the one for me though man, I absolutely loved that game. I kind of lost track after 2 though... not sure what number they’re on now 😅

Yeah for me, gaming is all about having a laugh with mates which is why I love the first Halo game so much as it was my first venture into online gaming with myself and 3 other friends huddled around a single TV playing against 4 other people doing the same somewhere over the internet. It's for that reason I also don't enjoy the single player narrative games all that much, I get bored playing solo without friends. 

Gears is now on Gears 5 haha, and it was quite a good game! I completed that playing it online with a friend and it was a good laugh. 

Sounds like you just need a buddy or two to play with to get back into gaming. Most of my gaming time now is spent on Warzone with friends, family and work friends. It's a great game for just having a mess about. Plus with crossplay it doesn't matter which platform they play on. 

• 3 weeks later...

Microsoft are doing some very interesting things here.

They've come up with a method to, at system level, enhance games without the developers having to do anything. Meaning they can get games that might have struggled to maintain stable frame rates on the Xbox One, to solid FPS, and in some cases actually boost the games beyond the FPS they aimed for at release. A game that on the Xbox One might have struggled to hit a stable 30 frames, on Series X they can get it to hit a stable 60 FPS.

• 1 month later...
On 20/02/2021 at 12:31, Chindie said:

Microsoft are doing some very interesting things here.

They've come up with a method to, at system level, enhance games without the developers having to do anything. Meaning they can get games that might have struggled to maintain stable frame rates on the Xbox One, to solid FPS, and in some cases actually boost the games beyond the FPS they aimed for at release. A game that on the Xbox One might have struggled to hit a stable 30 frames, on Series X they can get it to hit a stable 60 FPS.

Yes this is true..

I think it's the same team who did the BC for last gen when Sony said it wouldn't be possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller about a month ago. When it works, it's incredible. However, after about 2 weeks the right bumper stopped working correctly. So I sent it back and got a brand new replacement. Now, after about 2 weeks use with the new replacement, the left joystick has pretty bad stick drift and it's getting sent back.

Absolutely awful for a £160 controller. 

Edited by PieFacE

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Finally got around to ordering one of these, hopefully I won't need to change the telly too. Think I may need to move out if that is the case

Pairing it with a 4k/120hz TV with VRR is godly if you do decide to get a new TV. Such a fantastic piece of hardware the Series X is. Enjoy it dude! Where did you order from?

Edited by PieFacE

54 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Finally got around to ordering one of these, hopefully I won't need to change the telly too. Think I may need to move out if that is the case

I got a TCL, €500, doesn't have the HDMI 2.1 or whatever it is but other than that it's fantastic 

Fortunately I bought it 2 months before I bought the ps5 so got away with it with the boss

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I got a TCL, €500, doesn't have the HDMI 2.1 or whatever it is but other than that it's fantastic 

Fortunately I bought it 2 months before I bought the ps5 so got away with it with the boss

I've got a 4k Samsung HDMI 2.0b, so I guess I'll get everything except 120fps

• 2 weeks later...

I just decided to go with a series s, was a cheaper way into next gen while I'm not working, plus I don't have a 4k TV yet.

Hopefully I'll start my Sia course and go back on the doors and things can look up again and I can get me and my lad some 4k sets and an Xbox X.

I wouldn't also mind doing the whole projector thing.

24 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Can you easily get a series X now or is it all still limited stock snapped up by scalpers?

Stock is still limited and likely will be until 2022 at this point.

Microsoft are still selling through every Series X they can ship within minutes of making them available. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/05/2021 at 13:35, Daweii said:

Stock is still limited and likely will be until 2022 at this point.

Microsoft are still selling through every Series X they can ship within minutes of making them available. 

Sort of came here to ask this question.

So it's more than likely going to be next year now when I can just probably walk into a shop and buy one with no trouble of there being any stock?

1 hour ago, MCU said:

Sort of came here to ask this question.

So it's more than likely going to be next year now when I can just probably walk into a shop and buy one with no trouble of there being any stock?

I really hope we get to that point in 2022, I know that both Microsoft and Sony are trying their best to increase supply. 

The best thing to do currently is keep an eye on sites like Stock Informer as stock is being added all the time. Apparently stock was added to the Microsoft Store yesterday, it's out of stock now, but there seems to have been several stores that got new stock this month. That website and any others like it might be your best chance to get one before next year when they'll hopefully get more common. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Well, I got one from Currys.   It's a beast,  I still love the way it looks and that despite missing the entire Xbox One generation it's still got all my stuff from the 360 days.  Apparently the last game I played on Xbox before the Series X was Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet back in 2014.    Just mucking around on Game Pass at the moment, mostly Forza Horizon 4 and Fifa 21.    

It's a great piece of kit.

My controller didn't last long before the buttons started sticking etc, so I bought a Razer one instead.  Although that has gone the same way...

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's a great piece of kit.

My controller didn't last long before the buttons started sticking etc, so I bought a Razer one instead.  Although that has gone the same way...

I'd avoid buying an Xbox Elite controller too. I'm on my third now in about 3 months. Though luckily the third one hasn't broken within a few weeks of using it so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Â