Xbox Series X

LakotaDakota

Sonys strength are the AAA titles

MS is game pass 

Next gen doesn't look like changing that at the moment, MS have obviously made moves to increase their exclusives but theyre not on the horizon yet

Theres no directional change with either console from the last couple of years, agree that its different from the xbone launch but game pass is now 3 years old 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Does anyone know if the Xbox Series X will be available to buy in store on release day?

I don't want to queue up for one like some sad virgin if it's pre order's only.

With covid restrictions and very low stock it would be impossible to say unless certain stores tweet out they have stock to buy in store.

I'm glad i got my order in ages ago. I still have a second one on order, i offered it out to everyone i know, but they all turned it down.

I've seen the S on sale still and heard plenty of podcasts suggesting that they should really try and flood the market with those this xmas but the 4k upscaling has put me off the s

I'm leaning towards trying at launch to see if I can pick up a cancellation or some extra stock, still a slim chance I think, in reality I think the PS5 restock will be around march and im already losing a bit of interest in the idea of picking up games on the ps4 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2020 at 19:59, Chindie said:

The Series S is extremely small.

I've had Mine delivered just, it is very small and extremely quiet. Its fast turning on, doing updates, loading games Transfering games to and from hard drives to the internal, moving around the menus. It also has the ability to have multiple games on at once without closing them down soon as you put another game on.

Edited by Dave-R

On 28/10/2020 at 14:49, wilko154 said:

Does anyone know if the Xbox Series X will be available to buy in store on release day?

I don't want to queue up for one like some sad virgin if it's pre order's only.

They sold out everywhere on preorders, you had to of Preordered it to get one but more should follow soon.

The question is do you have a 4k TV or better, if you dont just go for the Series S as I've done.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

They sold out everywhere on preorders, you had to of Preordered it to get one but more should follow soon.

The question is do you have a 4k TV or better, if you dont just go for the Series S as I've done.

Yeh I tried again this morning but they sold out within seconds.

I guess I'll have to wait it out until next year. I have a 4K TV so going to go with the Xbox Series X.

I'm going to venture in to town later to see what the crack is, hoping that unfortunately for someone they couldn't fulfill their preorder 

Gamestop are also taking orders for wave 2 which they think will be 7th December 

The S to me seems less and less appealing every time I hear anything about it, its not big enough a jump from an xbone, especially now with what games are available 

Got the X today. Looking forward to trying out some 120FPS gaming. Though, just waiting for everything to download now.

Shame it's not launching with Halo. The launch lineup is so weak but Microsoft will be Microsoft I guess. Hopefully things will look a bit better in the next year or two on that front (you'd hope so with all the acquisitions at least) 

I’m in a difficult predicament, I’m not 100% if the OH is buying me one for Christmas. 
If I ask and she is she’ll be pissed off that I’ve ruined the surprise. I’ll have to wait and see, it doesn’t seem like I’m missing much this side of Christmas anyway.

Call of Duty Warzone and Cold War at 120FPS on the Series X is an absolute joy. Loving the Series X at the minute. Looking forward to when the first party games start rolling out to Game Pass. 

Microsoft are in a really good position this generation and it's a complete reversal of Xbox One launch. 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

We are in the middle of a global pandemic tbf 😛

I actually found somewhere with a Series S in stock. I’m undecided whether to get it.

If I buy a game (COD Cold War) now from the game store on my Xbox One, can I also download it later for a series S/X?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I actually found somewhere with a Series S in stock. I’m undecided whether to get it.

If I buy a game (COD Cold War) now from the game store on my Xbox One, can I also download it later for a series S/X?

You need to buy the cross gen version of the game. Activision aren't doing Smart Delivery (cos they are greedy ****) so you'll have to buy the cross gen version of CoD which is an extra £5 I think. Activision are the worst.

If you have a 4k TV with VRR I'd probably get the X tbh. But it all comes down to your personal scenario.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

Word of warning for COD cross gen.  On the playstation version you have to buy the Cross gen version to get things like Ray tracing and other next gen improvements.  If you just pay to upgrade via the store you don't get them for some reason.   Might be different on XBOX though. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

You need to buy the cross gen version of the game. Activision aren't doing Smart Delivery (cos they are greedy ****) so you'll have to buy the cross gen version of CoD which is an extra £5 I think. Activision are the worst.

If you have a 4k TV with VRR I'd probably get the X tbh. But it all comes down to your personal scenario.

My main TV (living room) is 4K but I have my Xbox setup in the spare room which is only HD. I’m not one to obsess over the visuals tbh so I think the S will be fine. For the extra fiver I might get the cross gen version now on my XBOne then and wait until the new year for the new console. Maybe the series X will come down a bit in price to sway me.

• Like 1

Â