Xbox Series X

LakotaDakota

Email from Game saying they're processing my pre-order, payment processed too. Gonna be coughing all day at work tomorrow, gotta laid the groundwork for my 2 week isolation...

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Wish I'd pre-ordered one. I was always going to want one as soon as they ran out.

Same

I didn't preorder cos there was no new games I wanted 

Now I'm putting off playing AC and the like until I get one, will be pissed about it when cyberpunk finally comes out 

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I got an alert that the X was in stock on Amazon Germany so managed to bag one before they sold out.  Also got an alert a little while later that the X and S were in stock on Amazon UK but the X was gone within 15 minutes.

Whereas me in Germany who is registered for the new stock alert got **** all from them 🤬🤬🤬

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Whereas me in Germany who is registered for the new stock alert got **** all from them 🤬🤬🤬

dance dancing GIF by Mickey Mouse

I've been using this site since this morning, signed up to the list and got an email which I opened immediately - https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x

Tuesday 1 Dec - Latest - Amazon (£249.99) and Amazon Germany (Pre-Order) currently have stock of Xbox Series S Console.

I’ve got one in the spare room with an additional controller for Christmas Day. Family Xbox gift. 

controllers backwards compatible so the two Xbox one controllers we have will also work. 

4 player gaming here we come! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, ender4 said:

a question from a PS4 owner...

What made you pick a new X-box over a PS5?  Are you happy with your purchase?  Did you swap from PS4 to X-Box or stayed with X-box? 

As an Xbox owner I'll respond to this. 

Reasons why I bought an XSX instead of PS5.

1. I've been playing primarily on Xbox since the initial Xbox which came with Halo CE which I adored. 

2. Game Pass is the best deal in gaming by a country mile.

3. I like what Microsoft are doing in regards to all their recent acquisitions and I believe there's a lot more to come on that front.

4. I like what Microsoft are doing with Xcloud and the infrastructure they are building. 

5. My friends are generally on Xbox too.

6. I've owned PlayStation's over the years but I'm not a huge fan of the single player story driven narrative games that everyone seems to love so much which is Sony's speciality, but it's just not for me. PlayStation's I own largely collect dust. I think in the whole of the PS4 era the only games I completed on PS4 were Uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn. I bought others such as God of War but couldn't get into them. 

And yeah, I'm very happy with my purchase. Pair the XSX with an LG TV that supports 2.1 HDMI and it's quite excellent. That said, I'm sure the PS5 is awesome in an equal setup too. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PieFacE said:

As an Xbox owner I'll respond to this. 

Reasons why I bought an XSX instead of PS5.

1. I've been playing primarily on Xbox since the initial Xbox which came with Halo CE which I adored. 

2. Game Pass is the best deal in gaming by a country mile.

3. I like what Microsoft are doing in regards to all their recent acquisitions and I believe there's a lot more to come on that front.

4. I like what Microsoft are doing with Xcloud and the infrastructure they are building. 

5. My friends are generally on Xbox too.

6. I've owned PlayStation's over the years but I'm not a huge fan of the single player story driven narrative games that everyone seems to love so much which is Sony's speciality, but it's just not for me. PlayStation's I own largely collect dust. I think in the whole of the PS4 era the only games I completed on PS4 were Uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn. I bought others such as God of War but couldn't get into them. 

And yeah, I'm very happy with my purchase. Pair the XSX with an LG TV that supports 2.1 HDMI and it's quite excellent. That said, I'm sure the PS5 is awesome in an equal setup too. 

Quite intrigued by this as you sound like me in terms of not playing/enjoying some of the leading PS4 titles. 

Which games are you primarily playing on the new Xbox?

4 hours ago, MCU said:

Quite intrigued by this as you sound like me in terms of not playing/enjoying some of the leading PS4 titles. 

Which games are you primarily playing on the new Xbox?

At the minute it largely consists of Warzone, FIFA, Battlefield. So pretty generic stuff. I don't really game all that much tbh, very much the definition of a casual. 

I do play the odd game that pops up on GamePass such as Ori, Doom, A Way Out which are great on the new console.

When it comes to first party games for both MS and Sony, the game that swings it for me is Halo even though it's not been in the best place recently. 

How about you?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

At the minute it largely consists of Warzone, FIFA, Battlefield. So pretty generic stuff. I don't really game all that much tbh, very much the definition of a casual. 

I do play the odd game that pops up on GamePass such as Ori, Doom, A Way Out which are great on the new console.

When it comes to first party games for both MS and Sony, the game that swings it for me is Halo even though it's not been in the best place recently. 

How about you?

Again... you sound like me haha. Growing up I put so many hours into Fifa, Call of Duty and Gears of War (generic stuff like yourself). Used to get home from school and work and just play all evening with my mates. I had a 360 and loved it, then I converted back to PlayStation 4.

Since then, losing contacts with friends as we went our separate ways etc, I’ve just fell out of love with gaming. I’ve tried getting into so many of these amazing titles over the years, even GTA 5, but I just can’t stay interested.

Gears of War was the one for me though man, I absolutely loved that game. I kind of lost track after 2 though... not sure what number they’re on now 😅

• Like 1

Â