Xbox Series X

LakotaDakota

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The only game that is exciting me for next gen atm is Cyberpunk.

was going to say the same when I started reading your post, the grounded trailer got its tongue in cheek moment spot on, the reason to be excited about next gen is cyberpunk

other than that there's no reason to buy either this year

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

So $499 for the full one and $299 for the digital, released November 10th

Think that puts me as a digital one next Xmas 

The article I just read said the S is significantly less powerful. Not sure that bothers me unless they produce games that only run on the X (I doubt).

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

The article I just read said the S is significantly less powerful. Not sure that bothers me unless they produce games that only run on the X (I doubt).

Series S plays the same next-gen games as Series X at the same visual fidelity, it's just doing it at 1440p instead of 4K so doesn't need to be as powerful. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daweii said:

Series S plays the same next-gen games as Series X at the same visual fidelity, it's just doing it at 1440p instead of 4K so doesn't need to be as powerful. 

Cheers, sounds like that’s the one I’d go for (the S). 

• Like 1

I was all in to get a series S to compliment PS5 but after reading the limitations with the RAM and that it won’t play one x enhanced games only the one s version. I’m starting to wonder what the point in it is. When it appears weaker than the outgoing one x.

Even devs are coming out saying the performance claims from MS are way off the mark given the spec and the next gen experience on this thing will be severely gimped.

1 minute ago, jim said:

I was all in to get a series S to compliment PS5 but after reading the limitations with the RAM and that it won’t play one x enhanced games only the one s version. I’m starting to wonder what the point in it is. When it appears weaker than the outgoing one x.

Even devs are coming out saying the performance claims from MS are way off the mark given the spec and the next gen experience on this thing will be severely gimped.

You may be interested in this article...

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-s-more-powerful-xbox-one-x

Is the Xbox Series S more powerful than the Xbox One X?
With the Xbox Series S "Lockhart" finally out in the open, many of you have been asking if it's a definitive upgrade from the Xbox One X. The answer is complicated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jim said:

I don't think this will be the case though. They did show off Gears 5 running at 120FPS on the Series S. Though, i'm no dev so could be very wrong. 
If Velocity is as good as they are making out then the lack of RAM shouldn't have too much of an impact as the console targets 1440p, games on it will use smaller assets. 
We shall see. Looking forward to the DF videos on it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think this will be the case though. They did show off Gears 5 running at 120FPS on the Series S. Though, i'm no dev so could be very wrong. 
If Velocity is as good as they are making out then the lack of RAM shouldn't have too much of an impact as the console targets 1440p, games on it will use smaller assets. 
We shall see. Looking forward to the DF videos on it.

120fps on Gears is great but I wonder what the resolution will be? I’d bet my left nut it’s not 1440p and wouldn’t surprise me if it’s 900p.

I honestly don’t think there will be many next gen games hitting 1440p on the S. Hope I’m proved wrong though.

6 minutes ago, jim said:

120fps on Gears is great but I wonder what the resolution will be? I’d bet my left nut it’s not 1440p and wouldn’t surprise me if it’s 900p.

I honestly don’t think there will be many next gen games hitting 1440p on the S. Hope I’m proved wrong though.

Think they said it was 1440p. 

I'm unsure on whether next gen games will run at 1440p, I would assume they've spent a load in R&D to ensure it's capable of doing so, otherwise they should have marketed it as a 1080P machine. I would guess (and i'm strictly guessing) that most next gen games on the series S will run at 1440p dynamic resolution. Which is fine I guess for a £250 box. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

As more comes out about Series S it definitely feels less straight forward than I initially anticipated.

On paper Series S seems ideal, but I think in the end I'll just get a Series X so I'm 100% certain everything will run great and look great. 

Thinking of doing the All Access package on a series X, £28.99pm for 2 years, Console and 2 years of game pass ultimate included. Free's up my console savings to put towards a new tv.

9 hours ago, V01 said:

Thinking of doing the All Access package on a series X, £28.99pm for 2 years, Console and 2 years of game pass ultimate included. Free's up my console savings to put towards a new tv.

Doesn't sound bad. Way less than a current top spec phone.

Only downside I can see is it works out as 22-23 months of the game pass monthly rate, although I haven't seen any 12 month game pass ultimate codes Could possibly save an extra £40-£50 paying up front and getting 6 month codes on offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft have bought Bethesda it seems

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

Critically acclaimed creators of The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, DOOM, Dishonored, Quake, Starfield and more join Team Xbox
Today is a special day, as we welcome some of the most accomplished studios in the games industry to Xbox. We are thrilled to announce Microsoft has entered into an agreement to acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.

Game Pass just got a bit better. 

• Like 1

I hope no one pre-ordered a PS5 hoping to get Elder Scrolls 6 and the next Fallout game, or the next DOOM game, or the next Wolfenstein game, or Dishonored, or Starfield... This is huge and it comes a day before Series X pre-orders open. 

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I hope no one pre-ordered a PS5 hoping to get Elder Scrolls 6 and the next Fallout game, or the next DOOM game, or the next Wolfenstein game, or Dishonored, or Starfield... This is huge and it comes a day before Series X pre-orders open. 

*shakes fist*

Â