Ron Saunders RIP

Talldarkandransome

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I thought exactly the same. Gay pride banners everywhere. couple of Saunders banners near the tunnel. Absolute joke.

Massive opportunity missed in front of the camera's. Holte enders should of been working thru the night on a massive banner to fill the lower tier. the least that could of been done for a man who brought us so much glory. Very Poor!

Given the time constraints, I thought they did an excellent job. 

• Confused 1

Norwich on Boxing day should be the designated tribute game imo. Special programme, more chance for banners and mosaics to be produced and can get more players back from both teams given he also managed Norwich.

When Gary Speed passed Newcastle had a home game v Chelsea six days later when they had the minute's applause/silence tribute. They then decided two weeks late to have a special tribute game at home to Swansea where his family members were invited and Gallowgate held up a special memorial for him.

How good would it be to have a massive flag/mosaic with "Why you bet against us" going around the Holte? Not something you can knock up in around 12 hours that easily.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

What is that tune called that we used to come out to. I would love it as a ring tone 

"Theme to an unmade silent movie" by Hurricane Smith.

Tony Butler used to play it on BRMB on his Saturday programme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

loving that 2007 version of vlogging.😀....but anyway

Apparently the plastic Villa fans who watched the game on TV have told me this "tribute" to Saunders was an insult. JLoyd Samual had better. also no one told me abot the 80th minute I was still squirming in my seat.

It was so shamefull infront of 15m tv veiwers only a retake will suffice.

Forget these 1 minute applauses's. Saunders deserves a silence which has to be impeccably observed. I expect there to be one at St Andrews aswell.

Smith needs to come out and make a statement apologising. and next home game we need to go all out. a herculean effort to honour this guy. 110% as he would say.

11 hours ago, screwdriver said:

loving that 2007 version of vlogging.😀....but anyway

Apparently the plastic Villa fans who watched the game on TV have told me this "tribute" to Saunders was an insult. JLoyd Samual had better. also no one told me abot the 80th minute I was still squirming in my seat.

It was so shamefull infront of 15m tv veiwers only a retake will suffice.

Forget these 1 minute applauses's. Saunders deserves a silence which has to be impeccably observed. I expect there to be one at St Andrews aswell.

Smith needs to come out and make a statement apologising. and next home game we need to go all out. a herculean effort to honour this guy. 110% as he would say.

WTF are you actually talking about

Edit: I know you are not a real Villa fan and you can laugh at responses like an idiot but this is not the right thread for it ....idiot

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

Â