Ron Saunders RIP

Talldarkandransome

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Without doubt the greatest we have had. Really built three teams At villa. The one that got promoted, the one that finished 4th in 76/77 and then the one that won the league and European Cup. The 5-1 at ht against the mighty Liverpool was my fav match ever 

Rip love you Ron

Echo that.

• Like 1

When your young, people in sports leave you with such a good feeling inside that upon their passing they leave you with a feeling of sadness ,Bob willis earlier this week and now Ron saunders. I recall my dad and me signing a petition to bring him back,but obviously to no avail.Thanks Ron.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

The North Stand should be the Ron Saunder Stand. We don't do enough at Villa to cherish and celebrate our greats. This would be a fitting start. 

A true Holte End hero now in the sky. 

Maybe if/when we rebuild it. I wouldn't want to put his name on the current shithole, personally. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Correct me if I got this wrong, but when we got promoted in the 70s with Saunders, we won the league cup. The opposition in the final was Norwich and Norwich is the club we're facing boxing day?

Yep. I remember watching this on TV and the room erupting around this point. :lol:

• Haha 1

Â