Do you read?

Luke_W

really hoping something gets me back into the reading swing of things.

William Boyd

Voltaire

Candide

think i can see your problem .. sometimes you just have to switch your brian off and read a bit of trash , nobody reads Boyd for fun ..nobody :-)

really? ive nver read one of his before. Oh well! I may have to reread a douglas adams classic then.

Just finished Animal Farm (The book Rob :) ) great little story and always wanted to read it.

Just starting 'Catcher in the Rye' of which I have high exectations (never a good thing when starting a book)!

Just finished Animal Farm (The book Rob :) ) great little story and always wanted to read it.

Just starting 'Catcher in the Rye' of which I have high exectations (never a good thing when starting a book)!

Catcher in the Rye is one of those books you'll either adore or hate.

I'm currently just on the uni textbooks, including

Writing the War on Terror - Language, Politics and Counter Terrorism by Richard Jackson (who also happens to be one of my lecturers ...)

I love Animal Farm, it was a good book to study for GCSE.

I love Animal Farm, it was a good book to study for GCSE.

I tell you, even if it teaches you nothing, you will still enjoy your bacon sarnis more the next day!

i hate hate hate catcher in the rye, proving Chindie's point. I only read it last year, rather than awhen I was precisely 15.4535 years old which may have been the problem. But yes, **** you salinger, how the **** do you get so many references in journalism from writing a 12 pages of schoolkid colloquialism.

Just finished reading The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.

A charming book, narrated by 'Death'. Key themes I gleaned: The irony of life and death, the power of words, the holocuast, a working class german perspective of WW2, and the innocence of youth.

I'd recommend it anyone.

really hoping something gets me back into the reading swing of things.

William Boyd

Voltaire

Candide

think i can see your problem .. sometimes you just have to switch your brian off and read a bit of trash , nobody reads Boyd for fun ..nobody :-)

really? ive nver read one of his before. Oh well! I may have to reread a douglas adams classic then.

Take no notice, Boyd is excellent. I loved "Any Human Heart" particuarly, and "Restless" was fairly entertaining. "An Ice Cream War", "Armadillo" and "Brazzaville Beach" also very good.

Just finished reading The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.

A charming book, narrated by 'Death'. Key themes I gleaned: The irony of life and death, the power of words, the holocuast, a working class german perspective of WW2, and the innocence of youth.

I'd recommend it anyone.

Fantastic book, i recomend it to everyone when the conversation turns to literature!

Clive Cussler - Skeleton Coast - more of the same from Cussler but this one i thought was his best for a while

Is he still writing stuff on his own, or has he hired ghostwriters yet (not counting the spinoff series)?

Or is that one of the continuation series featuring Dirk Pitt's son?

Clive Cussler - Skeleton Coast - more of the same from Cussler but this one i thought was his best for a while

Is he still writing stuff on his own, or has he hired ghostwriters yet (not counting the spinoff series)?

Or is that one of the continuation series featuring Dirk Pitt's son?

this is one of the Oregon files series ... hadn't enjoyed his last few books all that much but this one was one of his best

Just starting 'Catcher in the Rye' of which I have high exectations

Ah , the old CIA killer program book , make sure you ignore the voices in your head afterwards

They will just have to compete with the rest!

Stephen King short stories and novels

Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer

20 Thousand Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Life and Death in Shanghai by Nien Cheng

Marching Powder by Rusty Young

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier - Ismael Beah

How Soccer Explains the World by Frank Foer

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Cannery Row by John Steinbeck

The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

Once Minutos by Paulo Coelho

The Damage Done by Warren Fellows

''!Hugo! The Hugo Chavez Story, From Mud Hut to Perpetual Revolution''

Currently Reading: ''On Writing'' by Stephen King

And also currently reading "Zen and the Art of Morotrcycle Maintenance..."

I've allways been a reader and will read almost anything (Draw the line at Mills and Boon)

Best book ever - South - The Shackelton expidition story truly fascinating

Also read all of the Ian M Banks books, is it worth trying his alter ego?

Yes. Start with "The Bridge".

I've allways been a reader and will read almost anything (Draw the line at Mills and Boon)

Best book ever - South - The Shackelton expidition story truly fascinating

Also read all of the Ian M Banks books, is it worth trying his alter ego?

Yes. Start with "The Bridge".

I started with the Wasp Factory, great book. His best is the Crow Road though, imo. Pretty straight forward really, but gripping.

Â