Do you read?

Luke_W

About half way through The Dirt - Motley Crue.

:shock:

They really did know how to party!!!

I **** love that book..... genius. The fact they all went out shagging whatever they felt like, then bought an egg burrito to stick their dicks in to hide the smell..... :lol:

:lol:

And when Tommy made the girl he was dating at the time suck off everyone in the hit tub!!! How **** up was Nikki!?!?!

Never mean a fan of Motley Crue, but love the whole sex, drugs and rock & roll thing.

You should read Anthony Kiedis' book, Scar Tissue...absolutely brilliant!!!

currently reading Zeitoun by Dave Eggers...

true story about a Muslim guy living in New Orleans who stays after the hurricane travelling around the streets in his canoe rescuing people...

then gets thrown in prison and accused of being a member of Al Queda....

some of the atrocities (thefts,murders,rapes) that went on in the aftermath of the storm were horrendous...

and the authorities wern't much better....

very interesting/shocking book and i wouldn't be surprised if they made a film out of it

Has anyone read Cloud Atlas? The film is out soon so considering reading it but it seems to divide opinion.
I loved Cloud Atlas, but simply cannot imagine it would make a good film.

Basically it's a series of short stories (all in totally different styles) told "inside out", so...

Story 1 starts

Story 2 starts

Story 3 starts

Story 4 starts

Story 5 starts

Story 5 concludes

Story 4 concludes

Story 3 concludes

Story 2 concludes

Story 1 concludes

It works brilliantly on paper, but as a film? Hmmm...

Has anyone read Cloud Atlas? The film is out soon so considering reading it but it seems to divide opinion.
I loved Cloud Atlas, but simply cannot imagine it would make a good film.

Basically it's a series of short stories (all in totally different styles) told "inside out", so...

Story 1 starts

Story 2 starts

Story 3 starts

Story 4 starts

Story 5 starts

Story 5 concludes

Story 4 concludes

Story 3 concludes

Story 2 concludes

Story 1 concludes

It works brilliantly on paper, but as a film? Hmmm...

It sounds like the sort of book that needs to be read quickly. I shall give it a go.

The film stars Villa fan Tom Hanks and involves the ones who wrote/directed The Matrix.

Have you read The Heroin Diaries?

Even for someone like me who despises the music of Motley Crue, it's an incredible read. I preferred it to many retrospective biographies as he (Nikki Sixx) wrote the diary during one of his years on heroin. It's fascinating stuff.

Have you read The Heroin Diaries?

Even for someone like me who despises the music of Motley Crue, it's an incredible read. I preferred it to many retrospective biographies as he (Nikki Sixx) wrote the diary during one of his years on heroin. It's fascinating stuff.

Not yet mate but i intend to, just from reading The Dirt i cant really get my head round how completely **** up on drugs he was!!!

Just about to start on Kinski Uncut (Klaus Kinski autobiography) He was some character was our Klaus.
Have you seen Herzog's "My Best Fiend"?

Silly question, of course you have.

Just about to start on Kinski Uncut (Klaus Kinski autobiography) He was some character was our Klaus.
Have you seen Herzog's "My Best Fiend"?

Silly question, of course you have.

:mrgreen: You know me too well Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the last of the (published) Game of Thrones books yesterday.

A mixture of sadness and frustration now fills me. Hurry up and finish the last two you beardy git...

Ordered the first of the Jack Reacher books (heard a lot about them) and I have Donald Zec's Lee Marvin biography to get through.

Read all 3 hunger games book. Really enjoyed all 3.

Top books.

What did you think of the ending?

I posted a few pages back about it. I was quite disappointed. Pretty anticlimactical.

The trilogy is a good read though.

Â