Ratings & Reactions: Norwich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/19 at 22:59

spot the difference from the team that beat Man City...

It’s an easy excuse, but a wrong one, for Farke to use when you’ve just been hammered at home. 

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A much needed 3 points---5 good goals, players not afraid to have a go outside the box--team looking confident-----Jack in a more forward role where he can inflict the most damage,this is just what the Doctor ordered---hopefully we will keep moving forwards now.

Didn't see the game sadly but since we started the game with exactly the personnel and formation I been hoping for I hereby take full credit for the win.

You are welcome.

Don't think we need to dwell too much on the fact that I was suggesting dropping Wesley in place of Davis :D 

Anyway, fantastic result. Great to hear Targett is finding his feet and is in fact THAT big of an improvement on Taylor who I never want to see again.

Well done Smith and the boys. With the results around us turns out it was a pretty vital 3 points.

Really glad he stuck with the same line up after the Burnley game.

We have strength in depth in CM, and playing an additional CM further forward gives us more strength on the field than playing a winger who isn't performing as highly, albeit one that slightly unbalances the team.
All of the CMs are intelligent players and should be able to adapt and rotate, we have very attacking full backs with good quality on the ball, and it means we have better options on the bench to make changes later in the game. 

Still don't get Taylor in the squad ahead of Hause, who can cover in the centre also and cannot be a wore passer of the ball. Is he injured, or does Taylor have pictures of Deano and Terry?

7 hours ago, imavillan said:

spot the difference from the team that beat Man City...

It’s an easy excuse, but a wrong one, for Farke to use when you’ve just been hammered at home. 

That is seriously interesting, bar two changes (1 being a gk), we basically battered a team that beat man city, weird, how did man city not beat that team???

On 07/10/2019 at 16:39, MaVilla said:

That is seriously interesting, bar two changes (1 being a gk), we basically battered a team that beat man city, weird, how did man city not beat that team???

Because they parked the bus and city had an off day.  Put 11 men behind the ball, let them have all the possession, get a bit of luck and and hit on the break is how you beat City. 

They tried to play an open game against us passing it out from the back and it backfired miserably.

On 07/10/2019 at 17:43, villalad21 said:

Did Pukki even touch the ball?

Didn't notice him all day.

According to Whoscored he only had 21 touches, had 2 shots, neither on target.

Very nice job of us keeping him contained.

Obviously their injury crisis helped big time but still.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

According to Whoscored he only had 21 touches, had 2 shots, neither on target.

Very nice job of us keeping him contained.

Obviously their injury crisis helped big time but still.

The injury crisis that meant the only difference between the team that beat man city and the one that played us was a goalkeeper and their DM? (Only 2 players were different)

Leitner and the gk I think.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

The injury crisis that meant the only difference between the team that beat man city and the one that played us was a goalkeeper and their DM? (Only 2 players were different)

Leitner and the gk I think.

Yes, but that was still very much a reserve side.

Amazing result for them thou.

Just now, sne said:

Yes, but that was still very much a reserve side.

Amazing result for them thou.

Even weirder that they managed to beat man city if that was their reserve side, how many first teamers are they missing?

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Even weirder that they managed to beat man city if that was their reserve side, how many first teamers are they missing?

No idea, from the look of it pretty much their whole defense were either injured or playing through injury along with their starting GK.

In midfield some of them have been out for most of the season so others have become first teamers I guess. Vranjes and Hernandez only has 35 minutes combined between them but who knows if they are intended starters?

• Thanks 1

Â