Ratings & Reactions: Norwich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/19 at 22:59

I pointed out before today that Wes only needed to score one in today's game or against Brighton and he'd be back on a goal every three games rate. Well now his rate's a goal every two games (four from eight), well done lad!

1 hour ago, kiltorken said:

I'm genuinely embarrassed by how good we are. I wonder will it become boring at some point when we win like this every week. 

easy tiger !!!!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Did anyone else notice how wes didnt celebrate for a few seconds when he scored the first? Probably expecting var to rule it out.

I didn’t celebrate either. Thought it was going to be offside. Var has killed celebrations. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

First league game I've not seen this season. Gutted. 

you didn't miss anything.....flat as a witches tit.

MMMMMMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigJim said:

Am I the only one who couldn't relax until the 5th went in?  Thought Norwich looked likely to score every time they went forward, and they went forward a lot.

Norwich are quite a formidable side at home in terms of their attacking play and scored loads last season. Looking at this season at home they have continued that:

Scored 2 vs Chelsea

Scored 3 vs Newcastle

Scored 3 vs Man City

I know what you mean about not being able to relax though!

7 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

We did a lot of things right today. Our pressing game was excellent, which forced a lot of errors from their players. Then, we took advantage of those errors, attacking with conviction and sending a lot of bodies forward. Going forward, we looked excellent. 

Defensively, we were a little open, and I still feel we can be too sloppy with the ball, but the way we defended our box, blocking shots, was great. Shame about the silly consolation goal we gave them, but hey. 

So many had good games, it’s hard to pick a MOTM. Wesley’s brace is hard to overlook, Grealish is always brilliant, but Marvelous really stood out for me as key to our entire shape and plan .

excellent resume.....key for me.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

Very good, but actually very similar to how we have played for much of this season. Today we got the rub of the green, not luck, but things just worked out. Shows we are a pretty decent outfit just need a few things to click.

Mings sloppy back pass was another silly error, but we generally played very well and Mings had a good outing other than his blip. 

Check out WhoScored assessment, Engels rates very highly, but Wes, AEG and Jack all get very high scores. Also see where we rate vs PL opponents, top ten in most categories - boded well, and we are improving individually and as a team.

Nakamba makes us tick and great to see real competition in midfield, lots of options. One or two more forwards/wide men and another striker and we are a real proposition.

I expect us to kick on now, looking at the results the mid table is really open. How Palace and Burnley are where they are God knows, we are as good and I think better when in our groove. Another win next game and we will feel more comfortable.

Biggest positive today: Wesley. Confidence and familiarity will help enormously. Enjoyed the Wes/Doug love-in samba.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

Â