U23 Development League 2019/2020

BOF

11 minutes ago, momo said:

Who is JPB?

Jaden Philogene-Bidace- A 17 year old winger we signed from Pro Direct academy, I saw him quite a quite a bit for our u18s. He’s very quick, direct and skilful

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

On 05/03/2020 at 07:49, OutByEaster? said:

The Express today has Citeh, Bayern and Ajax battling to sign JPB - get a contract sorted Harrison!

They've put an APB out for him?

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 09:49, OutByEaster? said:

The Express today has Citeh, Bayern and Ajax battling to sign JPB - get a contract sorted Harrison!

That's us buggered then. 

Really hope we manage to get him to sign but if those sharks are lurking we'll have to give him a great deal.  

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

That's us buggered then. 

Really hope we manage to get him to sign but if those sharks are lurking we'll have to give him a great deal.  

That might also be his agent. Always seems to happen when any club is trying to tie down a promising youngster to a contract. Every now and then they do leave but more often than not it's just the agent trying for the best deal by releasing this "info" to the press. Troy Parrott was linked with Bayern in January before signing his new contract. Hudson-Odoi last year, was linked with Bayern and Dortmund.

For every Sancho there are countless others who go nowhere. At the end of the day, they are 17/18 year olds and making that jump to a foreign club when maybe they have a nice set up here, close to family etc. is a big decision.

Just now, lexicon said:

Spurs and Chelsea have more to offer than us though tbf.

True, but if you're talking about getting a chance for first team football as a youngster and Dortmund are seriously interested then it's a no brainer compared with Chelsea or Spurs (at least now with Mourinho) although Lampard has shown he's willing to give youth a go at times this season. Even Bayern afford youngsters more chances than PL clubs.

6 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

True, but if you're talking about getting a chance for first team football as a youngster and Dortmund are seriously interested then it's a no brainer compared with Chelsea or Spurs (at least now with Mourinho) although Lampard has shown he's willing to give youth a go at times this season. Even Bayern afford youngsters more chances than PL clubs.

That doesn't help up with JPB, which is the point I was making. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 23/03/2020 at 07:32, lexicon said:

That's us buggered then. 

Yet Barry signed for us despite more recent successful clubs wanting the lad.

• 2 weeks later...

Just doing a bit of spring summer cleaning in here in preparation for next season.

I would appreciate any additions or corrections to the list below :thumb:

Here is the list of who has been released this summer according to the Brum Mail.

Isaiah Bazeley-Graham
Jack Birch
James Chester
Jake Doyle-Hayes
Borja Baston
Andre Green
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy
Anton Hooper
Ross McCormack
Callum O'Hare
Colin Odutayo
Matija Sarkic
Dimitri Sea
Jamie Searle

• Thanks 1

Based on the above, here is the list of what I see as us still having on our PL2 books going into 20/21.

GOALKEEPERS
-----------
Marschall, Filip
Ónodi, Ákos
Sinisalo, Viljami

DEFENDERS
---------
Appiah, Paul
Bridge, Mungo
Burton, Bradley
Kesler, Kaine
Revan, Dominic
Revan, Sebastian
Sohna, Myles
Walker, Jake

MIDFIELDERS
-----------
Brunt, Lewis
Chukwuemeka, Carney
Clarke, Jack
Farr, Charlie
Hayden, Kaine
Lindley, Hayden
Philogene-Bidace, Jaden
Ramsey, Aaron
Ramsey, Jacob
Rowe, Callum
Sohna, Harrison
Vassilev, Indiana

FORWARDS
--------
Archer, Cameron
Barry, Louie
Guy, Ben
Pressley, Aaron
Tait, Michael
Wright, Tyreik

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Considering it seems almost certain we are down, I wonder how many of our youth might get a chance next season? (Ie: bench players)

Barry, Kesler, chuck, vassilev, archer, Ramsey(s), Bridge???

Thoughts?

Would be good to see at least a couple of our high potential youth players getting some run outs next year.

So Kaine Kesler the right back and Kaine Hayden the midfielder seem to be the same person.  Kaine Kesler-Hayden the right back :) That sorts out one DOB, and fmtransferupdate now has Chukwuemeka's DOB.  So the next thread will have all current squad DOBs.  Just need to know who is in the league.  I'm assuming they'll promote United from 2nd place.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

The more I think about this, the more I think there's really no reason they shouldn't be starting this league this week.

Our first team U23 players will have gone without competitive football for six months by the time we restart; that can't be good for their development.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...