U23 Development League 2019/2020

BOF

Fulham stats updated.

Far and away our youngest team of the season, by basicallly half a year.  This side averaged 18.26 years old where we're typically in and around the 19 year old mark.

We have a new name in the matchday 16.  Seventeen year old English centre mid Hayden Lindley.  He remained an unused sub.

We're also now seeing some of the younger players feature more and more in the starting 11 and squad.  Players like Brad Burton(18), Kaine Kessler(17), Sebastian Revan(16), Carney Chukwuemeka(?), Anton Hooper(19) & Aaron Ramsey(17) have become familiar names on the teamsheet over the past 2 or 3 games, and hints towards a further shift in M.O. for our "U23 side".

• Thanks 1

Pompey victory stats updated.  I've temporarily excluded Barry's assists as they're not updating properly in the PLC sheet.  Everything else is correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BOF said:

Pompey victory stats updated.  I've temporarily excluded Barry's assists as they're not updating properly in the PLC sheet.  Everything else is correct.

Thanks BOF

Just out of interest, where did you find the team info for the game, I'm struggling to find it.

47 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Just out of interest, where did you find the team info for the game, I'm struggling to find it.

There's a report on the OS now here:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/02/26/portsmouth-villa-u23s

Villa: Searle, Kesler, Revan, Burton, Bridge (C), Birch, Wright, Chukwuemeka (Tait 26), Sea (Barry 46), Ramsey, Hooper (Philogene-Bidace 63) 

Unused Subs: Onodi (GK), Archer

Anyone know why Chukwuemeka came off early? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Unused Sub said:

Thanks OBE

Naturally, I never thought of looking at the OS!

Just to confirm. yes I got it from the OS.  Up to that point all I could find were the goalscorers in a few different places.  Even Pompey's twitter was rubbish because the first tema were playing on the same night.

• Like 1

I know there's another more glamourous fixture happening elsewhere this weekend, but that's what the rest of this website is for.

There's a full set of fixtures over the next 4 days.

FRI Middlesbrough v Newcastle
Tyne-Tees derby has a big impact on us as they sit 5th & 7th with us in 6th.  At this stage we want a Newcastle win and we look after our own results.

SUN Sunderland    v Fulham
The 2 bottom clubs play each other, although that hardly does Sunderland justice.  The extent to which they're stinking the place up this season is actually quite impressive.  1 point from a possible 51 is heroic.  Flum are at least in touch with the rest.

MON Aston Villa   v Reading
We obviously need to win this.  I'm wondering is our recent forn down to the kick off time being past their bedtime?

MON Stoke City    v Man Utd
We could do with a United win here with Stoke 4th.  #EveryLittleHelps

MON Swansea  City v West Brom
Baggies win would keep the Welsh at bay.  Never a bad thing.

MON West Ham Utd  v Norwich
Hammers should put their recent wobble behind them here.

• Like 3

Newcastle did the business 2-0 in Boro and Fulham expectedly beat Sunderland 3-0.  If we can handle 3rd from bottom Reading we go a point behind playoff place Boro with a game in hand and superior goal difference.

• Like 1

Our u23s are playing their Reading counterparts at Bodymoor Heath this evening, 7pm kick off, anyone know if it’s on YouTube? Edit- I don’t think it is actually

Edited by sir_gary_cahill