Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Disgraceful from the club allowing this to happen. Should be an alternative

West Ham played us in a Villa kit once so they can wear a different kit

I suppose it's another example of 'this sponsor was throwing the most money at us' and someone just said yes and signed the deal off without carrying out any due diligence first.

Seems quite a pattern forming.

19 hours ago, colhint said:

Looks like they have to wear them on Sunday

Aston Villa women to wear sweat-heavy shirts

On the beeb

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66958595

If it hasn't already I think this could turn into something utterly awful for the club. Villa vs Man Utd will probably be the most watched game of women's football for all the wrong reasons 🙄 

I think I'll be giving this game a miss.

Nobbs wasn't on the bench for England in the week so I think probably had a slight injury and still not fit enough to start, Turner is probably going to play left-back.

One of Lucy Parker or Rachel Corsie will probably play in midfield as an extra holding midfielder alongside Staniforth, either that or we're playing three at the back, gone a little more defensive as I thought we might do given the opposition, but still have an attacking threat with Hanson, Lehmann, Daly, and Blindkilde from central-midfield.

Nice to see they've opened the Holte lower for this game. Not a good look for TV games just putting everyone in the Trinity and leaving both goal stands empty.

Looking forward to seeing the new girls but really it's all about Rachel Daly, back upfront where she belongs.

• Like 1

Today was always going to be incredibly tough, Man Utd are expected to challenge for the title, they were only two points off Chelsea last season, and we think we had a really good season which we did, but they finished nineteen points ahead of us.

Also Dali and Nobbs big misses, Daly gets all the attention because of her goals, but I actually think Dali was our most influential player last season

The start we've been dealt is annoying, almost as if we've been given those fixtures on purpose to stop us gaining any early momentum, will be doing well to average a point a game over the first five.

I think it might be a slow start, but over the season should challenge for top five again, and if we can avoid injuries maybe finish closer to the top four points wise than we did last season.

• Like 2

Â