Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I said this a few weeks ago, he needs a song for us to chant. Bailey and Coutinho have about 6 songs each. He deserves personal recognition from the fans.

What's Bailey's chant(s)?

Edited by Tom13

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

What's Bailey's chant(s)?

The only one I can think of is the Emery chant, which includes Konsa and Bailey 

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

The only one I can think of is the Emery chant, which includes Konsa and Bailey 

We've got Super Unai Emery

He knows exactly what we need

Konsa at the back 

Bailey in attack

Villa are gonna win the Europa League

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Oh yes sir

i love dougie

this is why we sing this song

Oh yes sir 

I love dougie

And we’ll sing it all night long

(to yes sir I can boogie)

Haha Brilliant.... not sure you'll get the Holte singing that though. Little bit too camp for a football crowd

Such an underrated and important player for us. Especially with kamara out. Moves the ball, creates little angles for simple retention and line breaks. Brings the best out of others. McGinn has been a total standout in the last 4 or so games, but Dougie does all rhe quiet hard graft  kr often noticed. Without him our retention and possession would mean we'd have to play a totally different way. Build a team around him, kamara, Watkins, martinet and mings.  Great spine to the first 11. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/04/2023 at 11:21, avfc1982am said:

Haha Brilliant.... not sure you'll get the Holte singing that though. Little bit too camp for a football crowd

Hmm, how about: "Squirrels, isn't it time for Dougie?" Followed by the Hey Duggee theme

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

I know we've had a couple posters who felt the same about Luiz but hearing it from an "expert" :crylaugh:is another thing. Not sure saying things like this will improve his chances of landing his dream job as Villa manager.

https://www.justarsenal.com/dwight-yorke-believes-arsenal-dodged-a-bullet-by-not-signing-douglas-luiz/336482

Rough times for Dougie what with great thinkers of the game in Gerrard and Yorke both not rating him:crylaugh:

From the full article...

"Luiz does a great job for Villa"

Next paragraph...

"What does he actually do?"

uhm-uh.gif

Edited by Tom13
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

I know we've had a couple posters who felt the same about Luiz but hearing it from an "expert" :crylaugh:is another thing. Not sure saying things like this will improve his chances of landing his dream job as Villa manager.

https://www.justarsenal.com/dwight-yorke-believes-arsenal-dodged-a-bullet-by-not-signing-douglas-luiz/336482

Rough times for Dougie what with great thinkers of the game in Gerrard and Yorke both not rating him:crylaugh:

I think we've all worked out long before now that Dwight bless him, just doesn't have a clue about many things. Dougie will be chuffed.  

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 08:25, sne said:

Well he's correct. Partey Xhaka and Jorginho rack up dozens of assists a season...

He's probably minimum on par with them all for creativity and key passes. What a bizarre attribute to dig him out for.

Dougie appreciation post. Could easily get player of the season I think. Kamara injury hasn't been the massive blow I thought it would be. His calmness on the ball and ability to keep possession is truly superb. What a player.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, birdman said:

Dougie appreciation post. Could easily get player of the season I think. Kamara injury hasn't been the massive blow I thought it would be. His calmness on the ball and ability to keep possession is truly superb. What a player.

If he keeps up his current form I think he just pips Mings to it. I think our 2 most consistent players over the course of this season imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

If he keeps up his current form I think he just pips Mings to it. I think our 2 most consistent players over the course of this season imo. 

I want either to win it for different reasons:

dougie for not forcing a move to arsenal and Ming’s because of his disgusting treatment at the hands of gerrard and the dignity he maintained throughout 

• Like 1

Â