Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would like him to agree a new contract, on the back of us confirming to him that he would be played as an 8.

I think he is a really good player, much superior to McGinn.

Would be the ideal outcome. 

How does Luiz leaving affect his relationship with Lehmann?  She might be sold to Roma Femminile.

I hope he stays. I'm looking forward to seeing him rotated with Kamara and Sangare (or equivalent). I think he will give us control of the midfield with the right teammates around him.

I don't think he is better than SJM but he is better at some things and worse at others. If we get the right six options, I think we could rotate depending upon the opposition and use subs (given that we are now allowed five) depending upon the circumstances. Dougie could be a key cog but so will the others!

Not going to improve much more, OK for lower to mid-table team but never going to he a solid top 6 Premier league player based on previous seasons. Just a tanned Ashley Westwood. 

• Shocked 1

Gazzetta dello Sport saying this...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-practically-broken-aston-villa-already-made-known-wont-renew/

Player ‘has practically broken up’ with Aston Villa – ‘Already made it known’ he won’t renew

As you’ll know, because Steven Gerrard talked about it in the past, Douglas Luiz has yet to renew his contract at Aston Villa.

The Brazilian, who remained a first-team player at Villa Park last season, is contractually tied to the club until June of next year, after which he would become a free agent.

This is something Aston Villa will want to avoid, and if they can’t get him to sign a new extended deal, then selling him this summer makes the most sense.

The situation is one AS Roma are following very closely, long interested in Luiz’s services, and they could make a move for him if the midfielder pushes for an exit.

Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday seem to suggest this is something that has already started, as they point out the player has ‘practically broken up’ with the Midlands club, and ‘has already made it known that he doesn’t intend to renew’.

On Wednesday, it was claimed that Aston Villa were asking for €35m, but Gazzetta reckon that currently stands at €30m.

Either way, it’s too much for Roma, who ‘hope to lower the request’.

Doug is a 6/10 most weeks.

If he wants to sign and we can give him a chance further up the pitch, great, but no great shakes if he goes and I would back Lange and Co to find a superior replacement. 

Hell, even Sanson may end up being a better option if he sticks around and stays fit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I actually thought it was a Google Translate from Italian until saw sportwitness part

And what changed your mind then? I mean the sportswitness should serve as confirmation that it is a Google translate, no?

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I actually thought it was a Google Translate from Italian until saw sportwitness part

yeah i think they have translated it through google from the original italian source of Gazzetta dello sport.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

If that's true then we will probably lose him for free next summer.  It's reported City have a sell on clause, depending on what % that is if we lower the fee we may not even get back what we paid for him if we sell him now.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

If that's true then we will probably lose him for free next summer.  It's reported City have a sell on clause, depending on what % that is if we lower the fee we may not even get back what we paid for him if we sell him now.

Though if we sell him for say £25m and have to give Man City £5m, that’s still a basic profit of £5m seeing that we bought him for £15m.

and in FFP terms, that’s a £11.25m profit.  
(20-15/4)

• Like 1

Â