Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

On 20/03/2020 at 08:49, Stevo985 said:

After the further pushout of the league until at least April 30th, they've continued this approach.

All Gameweeks upto and including GW35 will still take place. Transfers will count but there will be no fixtures so zero points all round.

Those later gameweeks look like being absolutely insane IF the games eventually get played.

This is how they have always done it. The 38GWs are set and they do not add a GW39, any fixutres moved must fit into the set GWs.

Looking likely that we will have 9-10GWs of fixtures all in GW38 if it does restart.

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is how they have always done it. The 38GWs are set and they do not add a GW39, any fixutres moved must fit into the set GWs.

Looking likely that we will have 9-10GWs of fixtures all in GW38 if it does restart.

I know that's how they've usually done it, but this season isn't exactly normal :D 

Having 8 blank gameweeks seems a bit of strange approach when the league has been literally suspended. You'd think they'd suspend FPL too.

6 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I kinda hope they do because I have been saving freehit, wildcard and bench boost! Can't use them all if there's 1 GW left.

Ha exactly. I want at least 2 gameweeks so I can wildcard and Bench Boost!

• 2 months later...

FPL is back!!

The site has been updated. Gameweeks 30-38 have essentially been replaced by gameweeks 30+ to 38+

Everyone has unlimited free transfers until the deadline for GW30+

Good that we have it back, but has ruined a lot of plans as so many people put a lot of weight into the big double gameweeks we get towards the end of the season. Looks like we might not get that now

• Like 1

Just came in to post the same thing :D  8 transfers made.  Yep it has slightly ruined my careful planning, but tbqh I don't mind too much.  It removes the absolute clusterf*ckery that we looked like heading towards, and I had as many fires to put out around the fringes as I had doozies in the side.  I just want to protect my top 100k finish.  Hopefully a lot of people don't bother starting back up, and I improve by default :D

I was aiming for too 100k but without then back end loaded season we usually have I think I’ll struggle to get there. 

happy it’s back. The new Gameweeks are certainly a better way to do it than the one huge Gameweek that was rumoured 

So how are we all going to tackle GW30+?

Even though there are unlimited Free Transfers, I think there is still a lot of value int he Free Hit for this week.
If this is going to be the only DGW, and you're relatively happy with the team you've got, the Free Hit allows you to load up on DGW players and then you've still got a wildcard (assuming you still have your final wildcard) to rejig your team when we have a better idea of who is now performing.

Seems a waste in a way seeing as we all have free transfers, but do I want Sheff Utd and Villa players in my team for the rest of the weeks? Probably not.

On 09/06/2020 at 22:27, Stevo985 said:

Even though there are unlimited Free Transfers, I think there is still a lot of value int he Free Hit for this week.
If this is going to be the only DGW, and you're relatively happy with the team you've got, the Free Hit allows you to load up on DGW players and then you've still got a wildcard (assuming you still have your final wildcard) to rejig your team when we have a better idea of who is now performing.

Seems a waste in a way seeing as we all have free transfers, but do I want Sheff Utd and Villa players in my team for the rest of the weeks? Probably not.

Just on this - I was thinking of using the unlimited transfers in the next 24 hrs to get a decent team for the run-in, activating my FH for this GW and then hoping the team returns to the 'new' team that benefited from unlimited transfers.

That way you make use of the unlimited transfers and can still play the FH - or will this not work do you reckon?

25 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Just on this - I was thinking of using the unlimited transfers in the next 24 hrs to get a decent team for the run-in, activating my FH for this GW and then hoping the team returns to the 'new' team that benefited from unlimited transfers.

That way you make use of the unlimited transfers and can still play the FH - or will this not work do you reckon?

Please don't do this. That will not work.

If you activate the FH at any time your team will revert to your GW38 team next week. 

Essentially if you go the "points" page on the FPL app or website, that will be your team next gameweek if you activate your FH at any point before this week's deadline. It doesn't matter how many transfers you make before you activate it.

FWIW I've seen hundreds of people asking this on Twitter so I imagine a lot of people won't realise this won't work and will drop a bollock by doing it.

On 09/06/2020 at 22:27, Stevo985 said:

I'm not going with the FH.

Going to load my team with DGW players and play my BB as there's unlikely to be anymore double gameweeks if everything goes to plan. Then WC next gameweek or gameweek after for a team ready for the run in.

Nothing clever, I imagine this will be most people's approach if they have the chips left.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Please don't do this. That will not work.

If you activate the FH at any time your team will revert to your GW38 team next week. 

Essentially if you go the "points" page on the FPL app or website, that will be your team next gameweek if you activate your FH at any point before this week's deadline. It doesn't matter how many transfers you make before you activate it.

FWIW I've seen hundreds of people asking this on Twitter so I imagine a lot of people won't realise this won't work and will drop a bollock by doing it.

Gotchya - thanks.  

Assumed this must have been the case but couldn’t find the answer - obv wasn’t looking hard enough! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Gotchya - thanks.  

Assumed this must have been the case but couldn’t find the answer - obv wasn’t looking hard enough! 

You’ve dodged a bullet. I bet a lot of people will fall for that

I'm having a decent restart. 

With a bit of luck tomorrow I could be looking at 200 points for the first two weeks of the restart combined.

My top 100k target is back in sight!

• Like 1

On 24/06/2020 at 22:51, Stevo985 said:

I'm having a decent restart. 

With a bit of luck tomorrow I could be looking at 200 points for the first two weeks of the restart combined.

My top 100k target is back in sight!

Ended up with 91 points, so 218 for the first two weeks of the restart combined. Not bad!

13 points off the top 100k. That’s still the target. 

I have a rule that I don’t captain players playing Villa. But the temptation to captain Jimenez this weekend is strong. If I resist the temptation it’ll be Rashford I think 

6 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

2nd in this league but that's about as high up as I will get, first is miles ahead. 

Adam is absolutely flying. I’m about 40 points behind you so not much chance of catching you but at least it seems doable. 

Adam is just taking the piss 😂