Championship Play Off Dates Announced

Kingman

Saturday, May 11 - Championship play-off first legs 3rd v's 6th 12.30 and 17.15 4th v's 5th kick-offs)

Tuesday, May 14 - Championship A second leg (19.45 kick-off)

Wednesday, May 15 - Championship B second leg (19.45 kick-off)

Monday, May 27 - Championship final (15.00 kick-off) 

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/april/sky-bet-efl-play-off-dates-confirmed

It's always bugged me that the final takes place almost 2 weeks after the semi-final 2nd leg. 2 weeks is a long time to wait if you go into the final as the in-form team in the play-offs. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's always bugged me that the final takes place almost 2 weeks after the semi-final 2nd leg. 2 weeks is a long time to wait if you go into the final as the in-form team in the play-offs. 

pisses me off that its on a Monday when its not a bank holiday outside of UK :(

• Like 4

Yep I'm the same, got work and then German school, on holiday the week before so don't want to miss the lesson that I've paid an extortionate amount for, fortunately with the hour difference and flexi time I should be able to watch the game (providing i can find a bar showing it...) And then relive my yoof by turning up to school pissed 

On 15/04/2019 at 16:18, Kingman said:

Monday, May 27 - Championship final (15.00 kick-off) 

The day after the 37th Anniversary of our finest hour......

On 15/04/2019 at 20:20, PieFacE said:

The final on a Monday? Urgh.

Final is always on a Monday in non tournament years, good it's at 3pm aswell rather than the half 5 nonsense.

I can see us being the early game on the Saturday if as expected we play WBA. Don't think WMP will want to risk another FA cup style riot! Although I think it's just normal away allocation in play offs.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Final is always on a Monday in non tournament years, good it's at 3pm aswell rather than the half 5 nonsense.

I can see us being the early game on the Saturday if as expected we play WBA. Don't think WMP will want to risk another FA cup style riot! Although I think it's just normal away allocation in play offs.

Riot? The footballing dark ages game 😂😂

Us vs WBA is regularly an evening game

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Someone else said this to me too, for some reason I always thought it was on a Saturday. I went to Wembley last year and can't remember it was on a Monday haha. 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Riot? The footballing dark ages game 😂😂

Us vs WBA is regularly an evening game

The last evening game in FA cup was quite bad though. Wasn't a pleasant experience. They were ripping up chairs in the upper north and throwing them down to the villa fans underneath iirc 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The last evening game in FA cup was quite bad though. Wasn't a pleasant experience. They were ripping up chairs in the upper north and throwing them down to the villa fans underneath iirc 

That is the game I meant, i just remember the BBC comment. Dont think we played an early game since or even for a while before that

54 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sure I saw him around Notre Dame yesterday afternoon.

I dont know his name but his face rings a bell.

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Monday in the middle of the day.... Great idk how I will be able to fly into london and make it to wembley by 3pm

Yep same issue for me, well pissed off, got back for a few games then the Fulham final last season, looks like my last game this season will be the Millwall at home game..oh well, will still be delighted if we go up..long way to go yet but we are looking really up for the challenge ahead! UTV 

On 15/04/2019 at 16:59, Daweii said:

Its amazing how the semi has become a formality all of a sudden!

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Its amazing how the semi has become a formality all of a sudden!

I wasn't saying it'd be us. Anyone can enter the play-offs as the in-form team and just because we're in-form right now doesn't mean it'll stay that way. All I was saying is that two weeks is a long time to wait for a team going into the finals in-form. Could that be us? Sure, but it also may not. If I was talking about Villa in my post I would have said it. 

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I wasn't saying it'd be us. Anyone can enter the play-offs as the in-form team and just because we're in-form right now doesn't mean it'll stay that way. All I was saying is that two weeks is a long time to wait for a team going into the finals in-form. Could that be us? Sure, but it also may not. If I was talking about Villa in my post I would have said it. 

Wasnt just you post mate. Theres an air of it round here.