The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

You realise that is doing exactly as the likes of Dorries st all want you to do. They’ve been trying to *irony alert* defund the BBC for years, that’s why Gibb and Sharpe are there.

Absolutely - saving the BBC from these people is the aim - don't kill the victim to get at the kidnapper!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You realise that is doing exactly as the likes of Dorries st all want you to do. They’ve been trying to *irony alert* defund the BBC for years, that’s why Gibb and Sharpe are 

I can't see the benefit of it , it's not impartial, it's doesn't represent  the Midlands in any way, other than taking money of us. I can't access 90% of its productions without paying on Amazon Prime, it's not fit for purpose . 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess then that if they attempted to breach the terms of the contract, he'd take them to the cleaners - they've basically not got a leg to stand on,

without knowing the terms of his contract I'm not really sure how clear cut it would … there are some stories doing the rounds that he signed a five-year deal with the BBC in 2020, under which he agreed to adhere to their updated impartiality rules… rule which breachment of can mean termination of contract 

but it’s all conjecture to a degree until someone shows the contract 

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

You realise that is doing exactly as the likes of Dorries st all want you to do. They’ve been trying to *irony alert* defund the BBC for years, that’s why Gibb and Sharpe are there.

I get more value out of Amazon Prime than I do the BBC, and have Youtube and Google News for my news. 

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

I can't see the benefit of it , it's not impartial, it's doesn't represent  the Midlands in any way, other than taking money of us. I can't access 90% of its productions without paying on Amazon Prime, it's not fit for purpose . 

The benefit of it is huge. The BBC isn’t just it’s political output. That is just a small part of what the BBC is. It needs its freedom back

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As an aside, just a reminder that you need a TV licence to watch Sky, BT, ITV or any of the broadcast channels in the UK.

You need a TV licence to watch live broadcasts from anywhere in the world, on any device. 

Potentially including YouTube, Twitch, et al. Blackbelt Barrister has a lot of good videos on this and has asked the regulator to define what a broadcaster is on a number of occasions, without much success. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

I get more value out of Amazon Prime than I do the BBC, and have Youtube and Google News for my news. 

No you don’t, you just don’t realise it.

It isn’t a subscription you can dip in and out of.

It isn’t just TV, it’s part of the fabric of the country, it’s the state broadcaster, it has other purposes aside from entertainment.

It should be free of political bias in its output but it’s lost that and become propaganda for the government. It needs to be restored to what it was.

As OBE said it used to be a thing to be proud of. It helped educate most of us on here when we were in school.

It needs to be fought for not ditched like a subscription service. That really is Tory thinking.

• Like 3

No you don’t, you just don’t realise it.

It isn’t a subscription you can dip in and out of.

It isn’t just TV, it’s part of the fabric of the country, it’s the state broadcaster, it has other purposes aside from entertainment.

It should be free of political bias in its output but it’s lost that and become propaganda for the government. It needs to be restored to what it was.

As OBE said it used to be a thing to be proud of. It helped educate most of us on here when we were in school.

It needs to be fought for not ditched like a subscription service. That really is Tory thinking.

And that’s fine, but I don’t watch live TV - and I’m aware of what I can/can’t watch. And I choose not to pay the license fee and that’s my choice. I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying, I’m making a choice based on what I want to do as a protest. 

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

The benefit of it is huge. The BBC isn’t just it’s political output. That is just a small part of what the BBC is. It needs its freedom back

What are these benefits then? All I see is a huge corporation thats full of workers who were born with silver spoons stuck up their arses and is led by someone who's job interview started with him filling in a loan application form for his future boss. You can add Farage been brought out on question time ( visits the Midlands how many times) to push Brexit at every opportunity  as well, all for £14 a month . 

The whole things been turned into an utter farce. We all have a chance to show them all enough is enough,  cancel you licence and then your DD. If Gary Lineker has the balls to say enough is enough then what's your excuse? 

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

And that’s fine, but I don’t watch live TV - and I’m aware of what I can/can’t watch. And I choose not to pay the license fee and that’s my choice. I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying, I’m making a choice based on what I want to do as a protest. 

Doing what the Tories want you to, isn’t a form of protest I recognise

• Like 2

Just now, tinker said:

What are these benefits then? All I see is a huge corporation thats full of workers who were born with silver spoons stuck up their arses and is led by someone who's job interview started with him filling in a loan application form for his future boss. You can add Farage been brought out on question time ( visits the Midlands how many times) to push Brexit at every opportunity  as well, all for £14 a month . 

The whole things been turned into an utter farce. We all have a chance to show them all enough is enough,  cancel you licence and then your DD. If Gary Lineker has the balls to say enough is enough then what's your excuse? 

What’s your excuse for doing Tory things that Tories want you to do.

Doing what the Tories want you to, isn’t a form of protest I recognise

And that’s fine. But I get no benefit from the BBC, and I haven’t for a long time. My BBC fee goes to Byline and a subscription for that. 

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

without knowing the terms of his contract I'm not really sure how clear cut it would … there are some stories doing the rounds that he signed a five-year deal with the BBC in 2020, under which he agreed to adhere to their updated impartiality rules… rule which breachment of can mean termination of contract 

but it’s all conjecture to a degree until someone shows the contract 

But they're made their impartiality rules unenforceable by not enforcing them until now - if they attempted to terminate the contract based on a breach of impartiality, there's so much evidence that it's not a rule that's applied elsewhere that he'd murder them in a courtroom (not that the BBC would risk being exposed as impartial in a court of law).

• Like 3

Â