Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, blandy said:

It’s ok for a manager to pick a different player to be captain. Changing Captains isn’t in itself an issue. The difficulty is how it’s been dragged out over months. SG was quite wrong to publicly plant the seed last season and then what he’s said recently has also been really poor. He’s just handled the whole thing badly. Lacking any class.

Agreed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I do enjoy how many posters on here apparently know for certain how arrogant or humble Tyrone is.

Fact is we have no idea whether it’s Stevie or Tyrone being a knob here - or both, or neither.

Obviously we can speculate but in reality I think that just involves each of us choosing whatever interpretation best suits the pre-existing narrative in our heads.

We know a few things.

He was stripped of captaincy.

He was left out (maybe due to an injury).

Gerrard went a bit too far with his comments, it just wasn't necessary. Poor play, or just too much honesty. 

What I'm confident of though is that if we won the game at Bournemouth this would be a non issue.  

• Like 1

This could go a few ways now. Ideal one is Mings gets fit, back in the team and looks superb. All is forgotten. 

He moves before the window closes. Would be disappointing. 

He hardly plays until Jan and moves then. Also very disappointing.

Gerrard gets the boot and he’s soon back in the team. 

I reckon it will be first one.

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

D7qcJDoWkAgorkF?format=jpg&name=medium

This is who Tyrone Mings is.

It isn't though. It's a picture at the train station.

We have no idea what happens behind the scenes. If we keep losing, it will look like a bad decision, it does now. 

But if we win the next few games and there is a chemistry in the team (that we are now lacking) , it will prove to be the right decision.

I'm confident the loss at Bournemouth has ignited what should be a small issue.  

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It isn't though. It's a picture at the train station.

We have no idea what happens behind the scenes. If we keep losing, it will look like a bad decision, it does now. 

But if we win the next few games and there is a chemistry in the team (that we are now lacking) , it will prove to be the right decision.

I'm confident the loss at Bournemouth has ignited what should be a small issue.  

Flipside is, while that was epic for us, I doubt it went down so well with Eddie Howe or Bournemouth fans, always 2 angles? ( Who he was technically still under contract to )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This could go a few ways now. Ideal one is Mings gets fit, back in the team and looks superb. All is forgotten. 

He moves before the window closes. Would be disappointing. 

He hardly plays until Jan and moves then. Also very disappointing.

Gerrard gets the boot and he’s soon back in the team. 

I reckon it will be first one.

i would be genuinely devastated

especially since it would be basically guaranteed that the fanbase of the team that signed him would be largely against the transfer due to the weird social media agenda against him and that a few leeds fans sang that he's shit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Flipside is, while that was epic for us, I doubt it went down so well with Eddie Howe or Bournemouth fans, always 2 angles? ( Who he was technically still under contract to )

technically he was under contract to us, because we were playing his wages as part of the loan contract

look at the alternative...how would you have felt if he got the train home in bournemouth training gear?

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I get the impression that Mings would not be intimidated by Gerrard and would answer back with intelligent questions. Which Stevie wouldn't like.

Yes something to this possibly...

Gerrard is not an intelligent man and therefore likely sees Mings as a threat in a way...

I really like Mings, seems a top guy, leader on and off the pitch. I don't know what's happened but first dropped by England and then by Villa, seems a shame for him.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yes something to this possibly...

Gerrard is not an intelligent man and therefore likely sees Mings as a threat in a way...

I really like Mings, seems a top guy, leader on and off the pitch. I don't know what's happened but first dropped by England and then by Villa, seems a shame for him.

This was quite unexpected and our the blue too. Southgate has always fancied him.   Maybe there’s more to the whole thing. 

My own interpretation is that Stevie shouldn’t be airing any of this in public, but I’d be very surprised if Tyrone has been blameless in this whole affair.

Tyrone has been a big part of this club in recent times, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was resentful that the current manager doesn’t seem to fancy him and his status in the club has gone down as a result. It’s not a big step from being vocal about your opinions to challenging and / or undermining authority figures.

This is all speculation based on nothing more than my own experience of being a very opinionated person, and then having to manage several other very opinionated people. Stevie might not be treating Tyrone well as a player but there’s several other players he clearly wants out of the club and there’s not been this public sniping at any of them, so I’m guessing Tyrone is causing him trouble behind the scenes.

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

look at the alternative...how would you have felt if he got the train home in bournemouth training gear?

Yeah but that's my point, there are always two angles at least to every story.

I might have been a bit annoyed but I'd accept that he's their player.

If I were a Bournemouth fan I'd probably be annoyed regardless.

From a Villa perspective I obviously loved him being in the Villa kit all the way back to Bournemouth.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah but that's my point, there are always two angles at least to every story.

I might have been a bit annoyed but I'd accept that he's their player.

If I were a Bournemouth fan I'd probably be annoyed regardless.

From a Villa perspective I obviously loved him being in the Villa kit all the way back to Bournemouth.

I actually thought that was pretty shitty thing to do while he was still their player.  But I guess he must have know the move to Villa would inevitably happen. 

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also, why weren't we presented with the full quote below from the beginning? It seems the original excerpts chosen were designed to wind people up:

"I'm confident and have full belief that when Tyrone is back at his best and looks me in the eye and shows me he’s ready to play, he’ll get opportunities. He's missed some training time with an injury and there's a niggle in the background as well.

"That's the challenge I set him when I made the decision over the captaincy, we set him that challenge. We said to Tyrone, get back to your consistent best and you'll be back in the team."

I

Have to say that if that is the totality of the message he has given to Mings, then it seems unclear exactly what he has to do to get back in the side. Is it a change in attitude? (When he looks me in the eye etc.) or is it form? (back at his best etc.) or is it fitness? (has an injury niggle etc.)

If I was Mings I think I would be booking some time for a chat to clarify exactly what these statements mean. 

45 minutes ago, blandy said:

It’s ok for a manager to pick a different player to be captain. Changing Captains isn’t in itself an issue. The difficulty is how it’s been dragged out over months. SG was quite wrong to publicly plant the seed last season and then what he’s said recently has also been really poor. He’s just handled the whole thing badly. Lacking any class.

This is exactly where i am at. Gerrards made a utter mess of this and it is lacking integrity 

Â