Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Ornstein is probably right about the FFP situation, shouldn't be dismissed just because we don't like what he has to say with regards to that.

Also he isn't saying we would accept £50m just that that's what other clubs think could make us interested, doesn't mean that we would though

And again he doesn't say we're interested in selling him, he says the opposite and that there are other ways of raising the money

That’s the fairest interpretation of it 

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You are highlighting one part of the conditional ('Should Villa decide to keep Ramsey, there are other ways in which the money could be found') while ignoring the other part of the conditional ('if Villa opt to let the academy graduate exit, they will not be short of takers' and 'ideally this would not be a consideration but funds must be raised before the end of June to stay compliant with profit and sustainability rules'). 

It's just not a very honest way to discuss things. The text is plain and easy to read. We don't want to sell him, but - according to Ornstein - we need to sell to meet PSR rules (is he right or not? We don't know). As such, we could perhaps sell Ramsey (we 'will not be short of takers') or Duran (the 'other way of finding the money' that is given in the next paragraph). Are there others, that aren't mentioned? Well maybe, but a) they aren't mentioned, and b ) Ramsey and Duran are the two with named links. 

I'd also argue that Jacob Ramsey being a "key player" is up for debate

• Like 3

I would suggest ask Emery if he's a key player the answer would be a resounding yes, accompanied with a look of confusion across his visage as if to say why would anyone ask such a question, of course he's a key player.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

I would suggest ask Emery if he's a key player the answer would be a resounding yes, accompanied with a look of confusion across his visage as if to say why would anyone ask such a question, of course he's a key player.

Depends on your definition of "key" I guess

I don't think he gets into our starting XI if everyone is fit. Is that a key player?

Just now, Steero113 said:

2022-23 Ramsey was arguably our most important player. 

He had an enormous impact on some of our very best results last season. 3-1 Utd (first home win since Boudica's uprising). 3-0 Newcastle (f**k you Howe). 2-1 Brighton (for Europe). Massive impact and absolutely crucial. 

He will return to that level once injury is fully shaken off. People have their short-termism goggles on again. He's vital. 

I'd argue his best performances in a Villa shirt were under Gerrard. Which is strange

1 minute ago, useless said:

Just now, Steero113 said:

2022-23 Ramsey was arguably our most important player. 

He had an enormous impact on some of our very best results last season. 3-1 Utd (first home win since Boudica's uprising). 3-0 Newcastle (f**k you Howe). 2-1 Brighton (for Europe). Massive impact and absolutely crucial. 

He will return to that level once injury is fully shaken off. People have their short-termism goggles on again. He's vital. 

Absolutely key and always picked ahead of anyone else when fit and available… Unai is obviously a fan.

The lad has put so many impressive performances in for us… has a big future.

Again, I can’t wait to see Moreno and Ramsey ripping into teams again… superb last season…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think he gets into our starting XI if everyone is fit. Is that a key player?

Fully fit he casually strolls into our best XI, are you mad?

Who are you putting in over him on the left?

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

He walks into our starting eleven on the left hand side, no one else in the squad can do the role he does in that position.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree. At his peak he would, but we've only seen that Ramsey for a very short period of his career.

Of course there are reasons for that, injuries being near the top of the list.

But I'm not sure the Ramsey we've seen for most of his Villa career would get into our first XI if McGinn, Tielemans, Kamara, Luiz, Bailey and Buendia were all fit

3 minutes ago, useless said:

He walks into our starting eleven on the left hand side, no one else in the squad can do the role he does in that position.

Only one that comes close to him on the position on the left is Buendia.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Fully fit he casually strolls into our best XI, are you mad?

Who are you putting in over him on the left?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure the Ramsey we've seen for most of his Villa career would get into our first XI if McGinn, Tielemans, Kamara, Luiz, Bailey and Buendia were all fit

Afternoon Villains I have to go now, lets see what the rest of the day brings, hopefully news on Rogers, Conti Cup update with good news, if Emery doing press conference maybe he will say something on Ramsey talk, I'm hoping we hear news on new contracts for Wilson and Young soon too.

Ramsey is irreplaceable simply because we have no other players who help the homegrown restrictions and are actually good enough for the first team - not only would we be losing a good player but effectively it would be giving away an entire position in the squad. Add to that the intangible benefit of having a local lad who’s come through the ranks, and the connection that builds with the fans. I hope this one is a load of speculative shite and not true at all. 

As for FFP, there are other ways to make profits, a phrase I see repeated a lot with homegrown players is “pure profit”, as if it’s somehow different to making the same profit on selling any other player. The problem with casting homegrown players aside is if you’re going to replace them with just as expensive replacements you’re not really improving the long term financial position. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if anyone has bid for Jacob, but all this leads me to thinking the North Stand was cancelled because we don’t have the money. Makes sense with Heck coming in and saying his one job is to make money.

I understand why we might have to sell him(its shit and why modern football is crap) but Newcastle makes no sense since have a bunch of left sided attackers

• Like 2

Â