Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Love your optimism, if we manage to do that we will finish in a very high position. Need to ride our luck with injuries and rotate the midfield more than we currently are. I do worry about us burning out as we saw in the O'Neill years when he kept a mostly settled 11 and it seemed to go wrong every March.

I think the way we play currently we've got more of the ball in alot of games. Our average possession is around 49.6% which under MON used to be around 40% I don't think we'll burn out for that reason alone.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think the way we play currently we've got more of the ball in alot of games. Our average possession is around 49.6% which under MON used to be around 40% I don't think we'll burn out for that reason alone.

We've also had 2 mid season breaks already. I trust with all the data we have, our coaching staff know which players need rest. 

Against Burnley he didn't make changes until we were already 2-1 down.

But damage were already done by then and it's too late. Hence why Smith is reactive not pro active. Yesterday he got away with it because of marginal decisions and a very good goal keeper.

We were so obviously overrun in midfield for most of the game and needed legs and energy to somewhat stabilize.

Barkley and Traore didn't offer us anything in that second half and Trez and Nakamba were the obvious subs to make around the 65-70 minute mark.

It's a squad game not just 11 players. This is going to cost us at the last part of the season just like it did under MON.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But damage were already done by then and it's too late. Hence why Smith is reactive not pro active. Yesterday he got away with it because of marginal decisions and a very good goal keeper.

We were so obviously overrun in midfield for most of the game and needed legs and energy to somewhat stabilize.

Barkley and Traore didn't offer us anything in that second half and Trez and Nakamba were the obvious subs to make around the 65-70 minute mark.

It's a squad game not just 11 players. This is going to cost us at the last part of the season just like it did under MON.

Cost us what exactly? We aren't going down and we aren't breaking the top 4. What you scared about? 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Cost us what exactly? We aren't going down and we aren't breaking the top 4. What you scared about? 

It could cost us missing out on top 6 which is a real possibility considering the players we have.

Whe you are in February and still in and around the top 4 it's not a joke anymore and Dean has to use his squad in the upcoming busy period or fatigue will hit us hard in late March/April. The league Is a marathon, a squad game, not just 11 players.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's a squad game not just 11 players. This is going to cost us at the last part of the season just like it did under MON

Liverpool play the same 11 unless injuries like VVD. Ridiculous argument

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We were 2-1 up.

Just now, villalad21 said:

It could cost us missing out on top 6 which is a real possibility considering the players we have.

We are 3 points behind West Ham in 5th with a game in hand. We are good enough to beat them in the next game.

Just focus on the 2 pm Leeds kick off instead.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We were 2-1 up

He didn't make changes until we were 3-2 down

That game could easily have been won with better in game management.

Those are the extra 6-9 points top class managers will get you and this weakness of Smith might make us miss out on top 6

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Those are the extra 6-9 points top class managers will get you and this weakness of Smith might make us miss out on top 6

Ancelotti lost 2-0 at home to Bruceball.

Did you get juggling balls for Christmas?

Edited by Kiwivillan

In game management also involves taking your easy chances (relatively speaking) when you're on top. We go 2-0 like we should have done games over.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Liverpool play the same 11 unless injuries like VVD. Ridiculous argument

Yeah and look at how they're doing this season. Look at how many injuries they are getting.

This is a freak season with lots of games in a short space of time. You have to manage your squad.

Tbh i can see us getting ravaged with injuries if we keep going like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

In game management also involves taking your easy chances (relatively speaking) when you're on top. We go 2-0 like we should have done games over.

We scored enough goals to win that game.

Traore and Barkley were not at it at all that game and needed to come off way earlier than they did.

A hard working Trez and Nakamba coming on in the 70th minute we win that game. I'm very confident we would.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

We scored enough goals to win the game.

Traore and Barkley were not at it at all that game and needed to come off way earlier than they did.

Again you missed the point. When we were 1-0 up we had lots of good chances to make it 2-0. Unfortunately we didn't and they scored in the second half to make it 1-1. Had we gone 2-0 up which we should have done Burnley don't come back into the game. In fact we would have ended up with 3 maybe 4.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We scored enough goals to win that game.

A hard working Trez and Nakamba coming on in the 70th minute we win that game. I'm very confident we would.

You were also very confident that Smith wouldn't get us promoted and wouldn't keep us up. 

• Like 1

Â