Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

You are the reason B&Q are b*****ds who won't let me get a screw for my toilet without buying a new one.  

To be honest it's been leaking since last Christmas but so called experts told me to be patient and not have a knee jerk reaction and then the situation would improve. After all, the roof had been ok in the previous 2 years.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You've spent tonnes on that bathroom, yet somethings still not right about it.

Probably time to invest in a much better one.

I sold my last toilet for as much as my old bathroom cost. Replaced it with 3 hand basins.

Actually can we stop with this analogy now, cos it's making me need a wee. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

To be honest it's been leaking since last Christmas but so called experts told me to be patient and not have a knee jerk reaction and then the situation would improve. After all, the roof had been ok in the previous 2 years.

Sell your house. 

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t want Smith sacked based on this season alone. There have been a lot of changes and we’ve also really struggled to field a settled team. Injuries and now a suspension haven’t been kind. 

However if we look back to the whole of 2021 we haven’t been great since after the covid breakout which makes me feel we really did punch above our weight for the first half the season. We were also very fortunate to be able to pretty much field the same 11 for several months.

My concern with replacing Smith is that the grass isn’t always greener. But it does feel like change is inevitable.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Yeah, they will get the best out of the existing roof. They are much better homeowners apparently. 

I think they would probably want to implement their own roof with new insulation too. Get the right structure in place so to speak.

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I think they would probably want to implement their own roof with new insulation too. Get the right structure in place so to speak.

They'd give you a guarantee for 5 years then replace it again after 2. It would still leak. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My concern with replacing Smith is that the grass isn’t always greener. But it does feel like change is inevitable.

It's a tough spot we're in. I agree a change feels close, and will be even closer with a loss at Southampton.

Almost every player at the club has been signed by Smith. It could be Fonseca, Potter, Ten Hag or Nuno and I think a bad start is very possible.

At the start of an international break would be as good a time as any to make a change.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Five formations in 10 games shows how disjointed the thinking is 

This is what's making me waver on Smith. I'd usually be happy for a manager who has some credits in the bank to sort out the issues, but the players look frustrated and the system is all over the place. Players get frustrated and lose confidence when they have to try to fulfill a different role every week.

I'd still give him a few weeks but he needs to get everyone on the same page quickly. 

Â