Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it's that he doesn't rate him; I just think McGinn and Grealish are ahead of him at the moment - I'd agree with the manager on that one.

Grealish has been doing that much IMO 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wouldn’t even attempt to guess how he is going to field this team. 

But players like Al Ghazi and Kodija definitely deserved the drop after Shef United. Shame he couldn’t drop all of them. 

Bit harsh on El Ghazi, mate, scored our only goal and is still settling in to English football.....

• Like 2

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

At least it kind of looks like players playing in familiar positions, even if I'd still probably prefer most of the subs to be playing instead.

Unless he fields this: 

Keeper

tuazabe chester jed hutton

Elmo Mcginn Grealish Taylor

Adomah

Abraham

remember he wants a pina colada on the beach asap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Unless he fields this: 

Keeper

tuazabe chester jed hutton

Elmo Mcginn Grealish Taylor

Adomah

Abraham

remember he wants a pina colada on the beach asap.

That is exactly how I assumed we were lining up when I saw the teamsheet.

I think we'll win.

I've moved on to making nightmare tactical selections

------------------------------------Nyland------------------------------

----------------Hutton----Chester----Jedinak----------------

Elmohamady------------Tuanzebe------------------Taylor

-------------------McGinn-----------------Grealish--------------

-------------------Adomah--------Abraham--------------------

A back three, with another back three in front of it. 

See, it could be worse.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh fair enough. He is probably a decent player. But had a shocker in that game so suprised people expecting him to play.

But then Adomah (I like him, but...) has had shocker after shocker, and Taylor has had a mare far more often than not, yet they get a start. I’d sooner play the new winger with potential and a goal and an assist behind him that Neil Taylor (and that’s effctively the straight swap with Elmo moving forward and Hutton switching)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

That is exactly how I assumed we were lining up when I saw the teamsheet.

Me too. Whilst everyone expects this: 

Nyland

hutton chester Axel Taylor

elmo   Jed. Mcginn  adomah

Grealish 

Abraham

i won’t have a problem if we start like that. 

2 minutes ago, blunther said:

But then Adomah (I like him, but...) has had shocker after shocker, and Taylor has had a mare far more often than not, yet they get a start. I’d sooner play the new winger with potential and a goal and an assist behind him that Neil Taylor (and that’s effctively the straight swap with Elmo moving forward and Hutton switching)

As crap as Adomah is he tracks back and does the dirty work. I think that’s why he is playing.

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it's that he doesn't rate him; I just think McGinn and Grealish are ahead of him at the moment - I'd agree with the manager on that one.

I too would agree with that. The only thing i slightly disagree with is it that i think Hourihane and McGinn both get up and down the pitch pretty well, so i don't see why all 3 couldn't be effective in the same set up at the expense of a dedicated CDM. 

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

At least it kind of looks like players playing in familiar positions, even if I'd still probably prefer most of the subs to be playing instead.

By playing Taylor it’s like he’s seen the criticism of 3/4 back four out of positoon, and well if they want everyone in their position this it, I don’t care about the result. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As crap as Adomah is he tracks back and does the dirty work. I think that’s why he is playing.

Agreed, and I think it’s a craven way to play against a team that we should be beating (if we are still looking at promotion as the goal). I mean, it would be helpful if we had more than one centre half at the club I guess, but that’s obviously not Bruce’s fault. 

So, El Gahzi that we bought in August, with extremely limited funds, is healthy but not first choice in his position or any other, in September.  While the player we tried to loan out is the first choice...

I'm not trying to complain about it, I would really just like to understand why it makes sense to Bruce.

• Like 2