John McGinn

PompeyVillan

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66181152

Villa's pre-season training starts on Monday, but the 28-year-old skipper is making a head start.

Speaking to BBC Scotland at the Scottish Open golf, where he was playing in the pro-am, McGinn said: "Thankfully things are going well at the moment, but I want to win some trophies. I think under this manager we've got an opportunity to do that.

"It's been an amazing journey so far and hopefully there's a lot more to come.

"The hard work starts when I get home tonight - I need to go and do some running. The thing with the Premier League now is, if you stand still, you get left behind.

"I wish I was having a cold beer and a burger, but it's a salad and a run tonight."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Did Scotland finish their intentional games around the same time as the rest of our intentional contingent?

Should we expect the rest of our internationals back today or is McGinn truly made of more?

Just now, MrBlack said:

Did Scotland finish their intentional games around the same time as the rest of our intentional contingent?

Should we expect the rest of our internationals back today or is McGinn truly made of more?

Dunno.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He played v Georgia on Tuesday 20th June so probably had the longest season out of all our player.

Month's break is totally right, pretty hard nowadays for footballers to come back for pre season out of condition given so many of them play into June now.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He played v Georgia on Tuesday 20th June so probably had the longest season out of all our player.

Month's break is totally right, pretty hard nowadays for footballers to come back for pre season out of condition given so many of them play into June now.

Emi back as well so guess this is the date most late returnees should be given for their return.

McGinn the first one though of course ;). 

i just told my wife that SJM's arse is amazing in the way he uses it as a defensive weapon.  She's a little distressed that I would talk about a man's arse.  Is there a good video compilation of highlights where he controlled the ball and the opposition with his arse?

• Haha 1

Â