UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Dana probably thinks if you tie enough dollar notes together into a rope that you can arm triangle Covid into tapping out. 

The human specimen of a ginormous, living scrotum would have carried on with plans to have these fights go ahead if Disney and ESPN didn't step in. He's a charming, teddy like presence before the camera in the main but he's a real seed of evil nut spawn in reality. He used to savage the likes of Steve Mazzagatti for not protecting fighters when they're being choked etc but he's willing to make his fighters put themselves in unnecessary harms way for the sake of the company in this situation.

He's a roided Mike Ashley to me.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jacare Souza has tested positive for coronavirus and will not participate in his scheduled fight at UFC 249 on Saturday, was slated to fight Uriah Hall.

Souza's two cornermen also tested positive.

They tested him on Wednesday apparently and he was negative. So either their tests are iffy, or, you know, this pandemic is pretty contagious. Who knew.........

I think all tests are iffy aren't they? Struggle to catch the asymptomatic. Stopped keeping that up to date with the news as it was killing me.

Great card in odd circumstances. Are we really seeing these guys at 100%? The "poor" fighters without a gym at home won't have been able to prepare as they'd like.

Main event will be fantastic.

JG deserved winner. Tony looked slow as I've ever seen him. Wonder if training up to peak for the added month messed with him. He is 36 though, time waits for no man.

Not earth shattering but pretty sure Khabib will smesh Gaethje.

Wonder if Conor would fancy Ferguson or just sit and wait for title shot.

• Like 1

Justin Gaethje, absolute monster.

TF is made of IRON.

No upset for me, BOTH are unreal fighters and both were on it, the best man won.

Either or them would beat CM and I cant see anyone beating Khabib, they might have every bomb in the book, but they just will not be able to stay on their feet.

• Like 1

Cute

Under the eight-page contract, the active can lose portions of their salary and bonuses if they publicly criticize the security around the gala for the corona virus.

Can lose all of the prize money

A clause makes it clear that "the active person shall not communicate to any person or entity that the event has been or will be held without appropriate safety and health measures, whether covid-19 or not".

It further states that if a breach violates this clause, the company may "revoke all or part of all prize sums won [...]".

A UFC spokesman declined to comment on the clause, referring instead to UFC President Dana White's comment to Yahoo:

- If a coward says something that is not true - if he says we did not test anyone for this - it would violate the agreement. But if he says something that is true, that is his opinion, it is different, White tells Yahoo.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/mma/sa-tystas-alla-fajters-med-ett-specialavtal/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not earth shattering but pretty sure Khabib will smesh Gaethje.

On big wrench here, Gaethje is a stud wrestler, NCAA All american. We just never see it. This could turn into a helluva fight but for very different reasons than Khabib - Ferguson

Damn that was enjoyable, Luque - Price was worth the PPV alone

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

On big wrench here, Gaethje is a stud wrestler, NCAA All american. We just never see it. This could turn into a helluva fight but for very different reasons than Khabib - Ferguson

Damn that was enjoyable, Luque - Price was worth the PPV alone

Would love a close fight involving Khabib, guy is too good. The one round he lost to Conor I think he was just challenging himself to see if he could knock him out. Then went back to normal once his little experiment was over.

I don't know much about levels of wrestling but I had a look at Gaethje's record after last night because I heard the comms say something about his background. It's great he competed in it but doesn't look like he was a star like Askren or someone. Is he the best wrestler Khabib will have faced in UFC do you think?

I suppose all he needs to do is stuff a couple of takedowns if he can and land. Some of those shots on Tony, my word. You've got to think Khabib wouldn't have worn them as well as Tony did.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Would love a close fight involving Khabib, guy is too good. The one round he lost to Conor I think he was just challenging himself to see if he could knock him out. Then went back to normal once his little experiment was over.

I don't know much about levels of wrestling but I had a look at Gaethje's record after last night because I heard the comms say something about his background. It's great he competed in it but doesn't look like he was a star like Askren or someone. Is he the best wrestler Khabib will have faced in UFC do you think?

I suppose all he needs to do is stuff a couple of takedowns if he can and land. Some of those shots on Tony, my word. You've got to think Khabib wouldn't have worn them as well as Tony did.

Heard Gaethje talking pre-fight and I'm fairly sure he mentioned that his strength in wrestling is more stopping takedowns rather than taking people down.

Regardless would love to see him take on Khabib as he is the power to really hurt him.

As for last night loved this beautiful connection from Kattar!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

It's great he competed in it but doesn't look like he was a star like Askren or someone. Is he the best wrestler Khabib will have faced in UFC do you think?

Nowhere near Askrens level, but yep, he will be his biggest wrestling test yet. That said, Abel Trujilo is quite a good wrestler and Khabib rag-dolled him :)

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

That's my hope, otherwise it will be like the Porier fight.

• Like 1

Some good fights, Gaethje did well although Ferguson preparing for Khabib for so long probably messed up his plans.

Think Gaethje will beat Khabib later this year.

Cejudo is a great fighter but I'll be glad to see him retire!

Â