UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Looking forward to tonight (well, tommorow morning)

Silva doesn't look right to me, he weighed in at 182 and looked seriously dehydrated.

silvaleitesufc97weighin.jpg

Should be interesting, if Leites can get him to the ground then it could be an interesting fight.

Well, Silvas 182 pounds was working pretty well. Fight got a bit boring since Leites had absolutely nothing to offer. The ultimate f**k you was the punches to the leg while standing :lol: To bad it wasn't a KO but the crowd was utterly moronic.

RUA!!!!!! Much much better even though Liddell might be considered a has-been. Don't stop there Shogun! Keep improving and give the 205s a run for the money. Kick ass KO!

Soszynski and the "kimura" are becoming synonymous. It was nice but Stann didn't look too impressive. His old WEC partner Cantwell looked a lot better but didn't have the power of Cane. Cane looks pretty solid but gassed pretty bad towards the end. 30-27 my ass! Cantwell took the second round.

Kongo did a lot better than I thought he would. He handeled Hardonks kicks and G&P him out. Next in line to face the Lesnar- Mir winner?

Stout Wiman was an entertaining bout. Stout looked the smarter of the two and took it in the end.

Bielkheden :cry: I suspect he'll be cut from the UFC now. 2 losses from 3 is not good enough.

In a month there's Evans - Machida and Hughes - Serra on UFC 98. Pretty solid card!

Anderson Silva was an embarrassment.

Imagine a casual fan tuning in to see the supposed P4P#1 and seeing that bullshit.

What do you expect when his opponent wants nothing to do with him? It's usual for him to feel out his opponent for the first round & after Leites couldn't take him down he was heartbroken & wouldn't do anything apart from lie down.

So what if a casual fan didn't like it? It's not his job to be spectacular in every round or every fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Now we're talking. Anderson Silva takes on Forrest Griffin at UFC 101 in august. :clap::clap::clap::clap: Two of my favorites! Fights at 205

Jardine will take Griffins place against Thiago Silva at 102.

Well at least Forest won't run away and fall on his arse for three rounds...

I can't help feeling Forest is being setup for a fall here, Anderson is at his very best when he has someone coming at him guns blazing... which is exactly what forest will do.

It could be Silva-Irvin all over again.

Well at least Forest won't run away and fall on his arse for three rounds...

I can't help feeling Forest is being setup for a fall here, Anderson is at his very best when he has someone coming at him guns blazing... which is exactly what forest will do.

It could be Silva-Irvin all over again.

Lets hope he does what he says.

Brian Oswald (MMAmania.com): Do you see this fight with Silva as a shortcut toward getting back into a title fight or is it just one high-profile fight at a time for you?

Forrest Griffin: Yeah, I don’t know man. I’m not really worried about all that. I’m just focused on dealing with this dude. I just want to show up prepared and actually fight the guy. I just don’t think anyone has actually tried to fight him up to their ability.

Irvin went in and charged him, Leben when in and charged him. He’s a southpaw counter-striker … it’s not like I’m going to go jump his shit. If you rush into that guy you’re rushing into a knockout. So I’m going to fight the guy, I’ll hit him, and not get too frustrated when I miss. Because he makes you miss and then he makes you pay for it.

• 4 weeks later...

UFC 98 coming up tomorrow. Lots of changes in the match-ups due to injuries so it's a bit watered down I think. Koscheck, Irvin and Okami all out.

The interesting ones are of course the main and co main event. Machida vs Evans and Serra vs Hughes. I'm going with Machida, more tools in the arsenal and very hard to hit.

Matt Hughes was a favorite of mine and a true MMA legend, but he really is a hillbilly redneck with weird believes , not that Serra is much better but I'm rooting for him anyway. Should be fun fight as they hate each other with a passion. The only two men to beat George st Pierre, quite impressive.

A win for Sherk puts him back in contention for a titleshot but Edgar is very good with a solid record. Sherk better take him down sharpish.

Miller should win as well, Sonnen is meh!

* Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida

* Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra

* Middleweight bout: Drew McFedries vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam

* Middleweight bout: Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen

* Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Frank Edgar

Preliminary card

* Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs. Chris Wilson

* Heavyweight bout: Patrick Barry vs. Tim Hague

* Lightweight bout: Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley

* Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Andre Gusmao

* Welterweight bout: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Brandon Wolff

* Lightweight bout: Dave Kaplan vs. George Roop

I can't wait to see Machida fight again but I'm more interested in watching the battle of the Matts. I really hope Serra knocks his block head right off that red neck.

Anyway even more exciting is that Josh Barnett is finally going to fight Fedor! Hoo-ray!

I was disappointed!

Was hoping for Serra and Evans wins, not to be. Machida is pretty special though, he'll be a tough one to beat.

Very much looking forward to the Mir/Lesnar title unifcationfight in a few months!

• 2 weeks later...

Kimbo Slice is on the next Ultimate Fighter reality show as a contestant, season 10. A shock to say the least. Could be fun though.

Focusing on heavyweights this time. Rampage and Rashad are coaches

I've heard that they aren't going to have elimination fights in TUF 10. A ploy to keep Bimbo in for as long as possible? I think so.

Either that, or good HW are in short supply. But for rating purposes it makes scenes not to have him go out in the first episode. Dana said in an interview that in no way shape of form are the coaches instructed in which order to pick fights. Hopefully that's the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 99 on at 8pm tonight. Card is more interesting then impressive. Lots of comebacks and old fan favorites.

Franklin Silva is headlining. Franklin will take it, poor old Wanderlei has not looked his old self for a fair few years now.

Kongo - Velasquez is a gate to the title. The winner will most likely face Lesnar/Mir.

Uno and CroCop makes for intresting octagon returns and Swick fights are usually entertaining.

Main card

* Catchweight (195 lb) bout: Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva

* Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Cain Velasquez

* Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipovic vs. Mostapha Al-turk

* Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Ben Saunders

* Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno

* Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy

Preliminary card

* Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Justin Buchholz

* Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Dale Hartt

* Welterweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. Peter Sobotta

* Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Rolando Delgado