UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

can't wait till sat it will be class

I'm mixed about the card, in terms of fights you can't beat it for the excitement factor

but when a UFC gets announced you hope you will see big names, whilst we have got some, we haven't got any really main event material

which what made the Machida Thiago cancellation doubly disappointing

I'm seriously considering going over to Dublin for 93, that looks like it will be a very good card

I'm looking forward to seeing if Gono has one of his wacky entrances :lol:

link

although I doubt the UFC will allow anything like this :crylaugh:

used to watch ufc years ago when shamrock and gracie were about. kind of lost interest in it all, but my tattoo artist, a guy named gallo (aka pitbull), used to fight in ufc years ago so that kind of sparked up my interest again. now i cant cant get enough of it.

im surprised the gono-hardy fight isnt on the main card rather than the lytle taylor.

its solid enough card i suppose, but does lack the big kind of fight they had with rampage-hendo. pulling the mach fight is a big loss.

my picks(winners in bold)

* Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben

* Light Heavyweight bout: Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera

* Light Heavyweight bout: Sokoudjou vs.l Luis Cane

* Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Paul Kelly

* Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor

Preliminary card

* Heavyweight bout: Shane Carwin vs. Neil Wain

* Welterweight bout: Akihiro Gono vs. Dan Hardy (hopefully)

* Lightweight bout: Jess Liaudin vs. David Bielkheden

* Lightweight bout: Samy Schiavo vs. Per Eklund

* Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Terry Etim

* Lightweight bout: David Baron vs. Jim Miller

my picks

* Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben

* Light Heavyweight bout: Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera

* Light Heavyweight bout: Sokoudjou vs.l Luis Cane

* Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Paul Kelly

* Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor

Preliminary card

* Heavyweight bout: Shane Carwin vs. Neil Wain

* Welterweight bout: Akihiro Gono vs. Dan Hardy

* Lightweight bout: Jess Liaudin vs. David Bielkheden

* Lightweight bout: Samy Schiavo vs. Per Eklund

* Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Terry Etim

* Lightweight bout: David Baron vs. Jim Miller

although the Jardine and Sokoudjou fights I'm pretty much undecided

Just got back - am afraid apart from a couple of fights it was pretty boring. If people have paid good money to watch people doing nothing then they are within their rights to boo!

It's stupid though

Its MMA, some of people around me seemed to just want to watch a slugfest with every fight rather than appreciate MMA for what it is

The way I see it is the UFC are more likely to go back to the places where the fans are great, and they won't want to go back to cities where the fans boo for pointless reasons

It's a shame there wasn't any top tier names there, but perhaps there will be next time they come to England

glad I got to see the likes of Carwin and Cane, both I rate very highly and will have huge futures

Heard some Villachants in the background :-) Very noisy at the Bisping fight, came over very good on telly.

Average card this time. Shame about Taylor, his fights are always entertaining. He had Lytle gassed twice but didn't take the chance to end it, he really should had.

Davis took Kelly apart.

Bisping was very smart against Leben, avoiding the haymakers and using his (iron) chin for jabbing practice. That victory puts him very hing on the rankings I beleve. 1 or 2 more and a titleshot is close.

Only a week until UFC90, waheey

Heard some Villachants in the background :-) Very noisy at the Bisping fight, came over very good on telly.

Average card this time. Shame about Taylor, his fights are always entertaining. He had Lytle gassed twice but didn't take the chance to end it, he really should had.

Davis took Kelly apart.

Bisping was very smart against Leben, avoiding the haymakers and using his (iron) chin for jabbing practice. That victory puts him very hing on the rankings I beleve. 1 or 2 more and a titleshot is close.

Only a week until UFC90, waheey

Forgot! Jardine looking as awkward as ever, close fight with Vera, whom I don't like for some reason. And Sokodjou, WORK ON YOUR CONDITIONING! Gassed out after 2 minutes

And YAAAAYYY :hooray: Both Swedes won. Bielkheden with a decision and Eklund via submission. How did they look? It wasn't on the broadcast

so so night, the lytle maych was probably the most entertaining. As for the boo'ing wasnt that mainly in the Vera- jardine match? hmm those 2 were pretty dull, Vera hasnt put on a decent performance since his come back. People who boo coz its hit the floor are dicks, but booing due to inactivity is fair enough.

apparently bisping will be fighting the winner of the hendo franklin match (im guessing at the end of UK v USA TUF), hoping its franklin, Hendo is a VERY bad match up for mike IMO.

No rest for the wicked. UFC 90 coming up this weekend. Lots of changes due to injury. But a few highlights anyway. Anderson Silva is always fun to watch regardless of opposition. Thiago Alves likewise, but I would have preferred watching him take out Sanches.

Main card

* Middleweight championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Côté

* Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Josh Koscheck

* Heavyweight bout: Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior dos Santos

* Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Tyson Griffin

* Lightweight bout: Gray Maynard vs. Rich Clementi

Preliminary card

* Middleweight bout: Thales Leites vs. Drew McFedries

* Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Shannon Gugerty

* Middleweight bout: Matt Horwich vs. Dan Miller

* Lightweight bout: Hermes Franca vs. Marcus Aurelio

* Welterweight bout: Josh Burkman vs. Pete Sell

some close to call bouts, except the headliner which will be anderson without breaking into a sweat! (watch as Cote KO's him in 14 secs now i've said that).

and who's junior santos? has he fought in ufc b4?

hope the franca- aurelio fight manages to get shown.

* Middleweight championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Côté

* Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Josh Koscheck

* Heavyweight bout: Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior dos Santos

* Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Tyson Griffin

* Lightweight bout: Gray Maynard vs. Rich Clementi

Man, what a bleeding shame with Cote. Knee blew as he stood on it, still the first man in UFC to go to the third round with the champion. Even though Silva was in control I bet Cote would have taken him a lot further with that iron chin.

And how about Junior dos Santos knocking Werdum into tomorrow!! I like him already, finally a ripped heavyweight! Hopefully he didn't fluke it!

Tiago Alves as impressive as ever owning Koscheck

Sherk is not done yet. Tyson Griffin was one of my tips for a titleshot. He'll have to take the long walk again. Still young.

Leites submission again. Never get to the ground with him.

• 3 weeks later...

I know Gabby started another thread but I like keeping this alive.

UFC 91

Main card

* Heavyweight Championship Match: Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar

* Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson

* Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Josh Hendricks

* Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Nate Quarry

* Welterweight bout: Dustin Hazelett vs. Tamdan McCrory

Preliminary card

* Lightweight bout: Nick Grant vs. Jorge Gurgel

* Lightweight bout: Jeremy Stephens vs. Rafael dos Anjos

* Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Alvin Robinson

* Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Ryan Thomas

I like this card. The goofy Hazelett is a personal favorite. And the big one of course. I'm rooting for Randy.

Also, the WEC had a bit of an upset as Urijah Faber got knocked out by Mike Brown. Also, legend Jens Pulver lost again :-(

Lesnar, Florian & Gonzaga to win. Can't say I know too much about the other fights.

Touche!

Well, the freight-train is starting to get this MMA malarkey, the fact that he is learning so fast is a worry for the other heavyweights for sure. It would be interesting to see his size advantage nullified against another giant like Carwin and see how he reacts. That's if he can get past Nogueira/Mir of course. Shame about Couture but it has to end sometime I guess.

Hazelett didn't disappoint me, I love that kid. Goofy looking beanpole with a huge beard and sick submissions. Love it!

Jeremy Stephens knockout was a highlight. An uppercut from hell. Boooom!

Florian back to his best and another Penn titleshot coming up.

Gonzaga was fed a punching bag and dealt with him accordingly. Knockout!

Maya should be close to a fight with Anderson at this point, submission again and undefeated.

For once we got to see the entire card tonight as the fights where short. Lovely! Great night of fighting.

Really looking forward to 92 with a really stacked card. Forrest, Rashad, Wanderlei, Rampage, Nogueira and Mir.

Ordered my ticket for The next UFC in LDN in feb this morn, heavy rumours its gonna be Anderson-Chuck, and mentionings of Serra-Hughes and Jardine-Cane. excited already, love chuck and anderson, 2 of my all time fav fighters, have seen anderson fight a couple of times b4, but never chuck.

Â