UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Was anyone impressed by Rampage? I wasn't particularly. I think he needs to have more tools than just boxing to beat Evans who is bigger than him. He's only got until May to get some new weapons though, I doubt he'll be getting that belt back then...

Anderson Silva up next. I hope we get to see more than a few minutes of him this time. He'll be off to live on a sunny beach soon.

Im a massive UFC fan. Cant wait for Rampage v Evans at UFC 98. UFC 100 is shaping up to be a awesome card, two title matches Mir v Lesnar and GSP v Alves and of course Micheal Bisping v Dan Henderson.

Was anyone impressed by Rampage? I wasn't particularly. I think he needs to have more tools than just boxing to beat Evans who is bigger than him. He's only got until May to get some new weapons though, I doubt he'll be getting that belt back then...

Anderson Silva up next. I hope we get to see more than a few minutes of him this time. He'll be off to live on a sunny beach soon.

Yep Silva v Leites at UFC 97, wont go further than 3 rounds me thinks. Also Chuck Lidell against Shogan. Shogan had better have upped his game since fighting Mark Coleman else Chuck is going to knock him out.

I wasnt overly impressed by Rampage, and before knocking Jardine down right at the end i thought Jardine could have quite easily have one a split decision.

I loved the Matt Brown Pete Sell fight, i have watched that over and over again.

I loved the Matt Brown Pete Sell fight, i have watched that over and over again.

Brown was impressive but the finish was a bit spoilt cause Yves Lavigne is a terrible ref. He always makes mistakes, not usually that big though. Where are Herb Dean and Big John when you need em?

Just watched 96. Well if there was a trash talk championship, Rampage would own it :lol: And who thought it would be a good idea to have Rashad as a commentator? Backfired spectacularly! Hope Rampage knocks him out promptly, but I have serious doubts now after that less than impressive Jardine fight.

Brown, awesome - Lavigne, WTF!

Vera also looked good at last. Best kicks in the division.

Hamill with a headkick?? Never even crossed my mind.

Carwin fluked it a bit, but knocking out Gonzaga is impressive non the less.

Looking forward to the Silva Leites fight. Anderson better stay standing.

Yeah, the only problem with that is the question "Who the **** is Mike Patt?" I've seen 2 of his fights now and he got beaten silly twice. After what Vera has achieved at HW/promised at LHW he should be demolishing fighters like that, until I see him KO a respectable 205er I'm steering clear of his bandwagon.

Yeah, the only problem with that is the question "Who the **** is Mike Patt?" I've seen 2 of his fights now and he got beaten silly twice. After what Vera has achieved at HW/promised at LHW he should be demolishing fighters like that, until I see him KO a respectable 205er I'm steering clear of his bandwagon.

Very much so, he's got a hell of a lot to do before considered top quality again. His mind is his biggest enemy.

Vera's got all the attributes to be a great, like you say it's maybe a mental thing.

Matt Brown is looking strong.

I was upset at Boetsch as I have an allegiance with the JKD 'thang' he just didn't seem to be on his game at all.

Rampage v. Evans could go either way; it's a classic bout of silky skills against raw power. With Evans being much lighter on his feet if he can work Rampage around the ring and fire in plenty of leg kicks he should win. He'll have to keep his distance to have any chance.

I can't help but not like Rampage though so I'd like to see him win.

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a UFC fight night on April 1st. Quite a good lineup actually but I would have preferred to have Almeida and Tibau/Stephens on the main card. And then it's the Ulitmate fighter reality show with UK vs USA. Could be fun.

Anyway, hoping for a Kampmann win. Browning will be interesting as well with that big mouth.

Main card

* Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann

* Light Heavyweight bout: Ryan Bader vs. Carmelo Marrero

* Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Rafael dos Anjos

* Lightweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Junie Browning

Preliminary card

* Lightweight bout: Gleison Tibau vs. Jeremy Stephens

* Middleweight bout: Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich

* Middleweight bout: Tim Credeur vs. Nick Catone

* Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs. Jesse Sanders

* Middleweight bout: Jorge Rivera vs. Nissen Osterneck

* Middleweight bout: Rob Kimmons vs. Joe Vedepo

* Middleweight bout: Tim McKenzie vs. Aaron Simpson

* Middleweight bout: Steve Steinbeiss vs. Ryan Jensen

Time for a UFC fight night on April 1st. Quite a good lineup actually but I would have preferred to have Almeida and Tibau/Stephens on the main card. And then it's the Ulitmate fighter reality show with UK vs USA. Could be fun.

But, it looks like this is being shown Thursday on Setanta at 8pm. I don't actually see anything in their listings for 'The Ultimate Fighter'?

But, it looks like this is being shown Thursday on Setanta at 8pm. I don't actually see anything in their listings for 'The Ultimate Fighter'?

Being in Sweden, my only hope is dodgy torrents for both shows.

Being in Sweden, my only hope is dodgy torrents for both shows.

Being a tight fisted git... dodgy torrents are my only hope too...

Although my friends who have setanta have had problems with their reception during live ufc events, often missing important moments. :(

Bring back the days of Bravo... it was a day later but at least it was free!

Kampmann :hooray: Although I must say that Condit looked good. A nice addition to the 170 division.

Bader looked good for 3 minutes with some nice moves, then gassed and revert to uberboring wrestler. zzzzz

Griffin bounced back after the Sherk loss. One of my favorite 155ers for some reason. Always exciting fights with him.

Browning got submitted, tihi!

Wanted to see the Tibau and Almeida fights but they never showed them. :-(

Bader was awesome for all 3 rounds Tegis, Marrero didnt have any answers when Bader took him down.

Im glad Junie Browning got subbed in the first round, shut that little clearing in the woods up.

I watched UFC Fight Night live last nigt on Setanta Sports 2 and they only showed the Bader and Kampmann fights..

The Ultimate Fighter is ring on Virgin 1 Yuen, from Sunday i believe.

Bader was awesome for all 3 rounds Tegis, Marrero didnt have any answers when Bader took him down.

Not disputing that at all mate, just the entertainment side of it. Winning is the number one priority and he dominated throughout. It's just that he looked to have evolved from pure wrestling/g&p a bit more at first but then it all disappeared and it was "Matt Lindland" from there. Hopefully he can evolve a bit more. The basic skills are there and there's plenty of potential.

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 97 and at last we get to see Anderson Silva again. Hopefully Leites can put up a fight. His groundgame is good enough but if it's a standing fight Silva will take his head off promptly.

Chuck vs Rua, I would get excited 4 years ago but now, meh. If the old Rua shows up it will be exciting, if not Liddell will probably KO him.

Kongo vs Hardonk. Kickingfest anyone. And the last time I saw Cantwell he broke his opponents arm, it was nasty.

And finally, WAR David Bielkheden! 8)

Main Card

* Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites

* Light Heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua

* Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brian Stann

* Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Antoni Hardonk

* Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Luiz Arthur Cane

Preliminary Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Eliot Marshall vs. Vinicius Magalhães

* Middleweight bout: Denis Kang vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam

* Middleweight bout: Jason MacDonald vs. Nate Quarry

* Middleweight bout: David Loiseau vs. Ed Herman