UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

GSP's corner men have been given a bollocking for not wiping their hands after greasing his face. :lol: Let's be honest here, that had little to nothing to do with the result , GSP is just much, much better.

I read they greased his back heavily and commission people had to run up and wipe it off. Ah well, shame to taint a perfect fight, he would have won anyway.

Machida was my pick if the other fights. The man is cunning to say the least. His next opponent would be smart and not chase him. His counters are lethal.

Jon Jones is a cool character. Got very tired though, hope he works on that. Bonnar was a little disappointing.

Parisyan - Kim zzzzzzzzz

Diaz - Guida was a good one. Diaz is immensely talented but like his brother needs to bulk up a bit to avoid being manhandled. Guida is just a hoot to watch. His burping between rounds was ->:lol:

Fightnight on saturday.

Main Card

* Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Jeremy Stephens

* Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Denis Stojnic

* Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer

* Welterweight bout: Luigi Fioravanti vs. Anthony Johnson

Preliminary Card

* Lightweight bout: Kurt Pellegrino vs. Rob Emerson

* Middleweight bout: Jake Rosholt vs. Dan Miller

* Lightweight bout: Matt Grice vs. Matt Veach

* Lightweight bout: Rich Clementi vs. Gleison Tibau

* Middleweight bout: Nick Catone vs. Derek Downey

* Welterweight bout: Steve Bruno vs. Matthew Riddle

Looking forward to see Riddle, Clementi - Tibau and Stephens.

GSP's corner men have been given a bollocking for not wiping their hands after greasing his face. :lol: Let's be honest here, that had little to nothing to do with the result , GSP is just much, much better.

I read they greased his back heavily and commission people had to run up and wipe it off. Ah well, shame to taint a perfect fight, he would have won anyway.

There are alot of different theories. Penn has pretty much accepted that GSP is better though, it's mostly his corner trying to make it a big deal.

Penn is reportedly considering retirement now.

Arlovski made $1,500,000 for getting his ass kicked by Fedor :lol::lol:

GSP took in about $400,000 (both figures not including sponsors ETC)

The salaries in Affliction are off the chart! Can't see them continue this for very long. That said, the UFC salaries looks pretty small for the number of PPVs they get.

The salaries in Affliction are off the chart! Can't see them continue this for very long. That said, the UFC salaries looks pretty small for the number of PPVs they get.

UFC fighters get paid a % of the PPV buy rates so it's a decent salary! :lol: Apparently Affliction paid Oscar De La Hoya $5 million to appear :shock: :lol:

Was it me or did Penn seem much smaller than GSP, did Penn go up a weight or something?

From the moment Penn stepped out of the dressing room he looked beaten to me!

Really enjoyed Lyoto Machida showing the world that a traditional style can win, and win well.

Echo the sentiment about Clay Guida; he was an interesting fighter. Diaz seems an ass and deserved to lose because of it in my opinion.

Was it me or did Penn seem much smaller than GSP, did Penn go up a weight or something?

Penn went up a class yes. Weighed in at 168. St Pierre was 170 but according to Rogan he walks around at 185. He's naturally bigger yes.

So let down by penn, i thought he was the best p4p in the world,He has been my favourite fighter ever since he stepped up and choked out hughes,But flopped the other night,Still the best lightweight ever though.

Really? :?

• 2 weeks later...

Good set of fights, enjoyed it. Main event was ok. Sanchez obviously could handle the cut to 155, could be an interesting force at that weight. Stevenson offered very little apart from boxing and a guillotine attempt.

Eklund got knocked the f**k out! :cry:

Love Damian Maia. Pure BJJ excellence. Title shot now please. Should get the winner in Anderson - Laites fight.

Honorable mentions Marquardt, Dos Santos and Hardy. Koscheck I think got sucker punched. Thiago was not impressive at all.

Personally I thought Sanchez schooled Stevenson and showed his standup game was good. He was elusive and as a result unpredictable.

Dan Hardy seemed pretty cool, I hope he does well.

Terry Etim was very impressive too, excellant style. I think the commentators compared him to a lighter Anderson Silva.

Marquardt was 'gassed' after three rounds and would struggle in a five round title shot if that's what is going to happen next?

• 2 weeks later...
Â