World Cup : Quarter Finals

BOF

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Midfield is pretty lightweight IMO.  I think we're best out wide and upfront.  Kane is obviously world-class, but Trippier and Young are pretty key to any success we may have.  Henderson/Lingard/Dier/Loftus-Cheek/whoever is a pretty decent-standard midfield, but not as good as anything that Croatia/Brazil/France/Belgium and arguably Uruguay/Russia have.

There's hardly any creativity in the midfield, can't remember many clear cut chances created against Colombia from open play. It works quite well 'off the ball' but you're right, I think it can get overpowered and there's really no 'number 10' in there. 

15 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Playing 3 at the back?

I though Walker and Rose would be the full backs in a 4-2-3-1!?

Goes to show how much I've seen of England.

Yep, back three of Walker, Stones and Maguire, with Young and Trippier as wingbacks. 

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not really. Stuani got over 20 goals in La Liga last season and the back up Gomez was just under 20

Yeah he's a decent player, wasn't great at Middlesbrough but the world doesn't revolve around how well you do in England. He will definitely put in a shift and is currently in good goalscoring form.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Mbappe's had a mare there.  Had so much time he could have done anything with it.

Yep. Could have brought that down and had a relatively easy finish. 

8 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Lloris with a dragonfly in the mouth there and that's not even a euphamism or anything :D

Remember the virtual John Motson on FIFA 96? "The goalkeeper looks like he's swallowed a wasp!" 

• Like 1

3 Uruguay defenders ball watching at the Mbappe chance and France had a wobble when Varane gave it away early on. Neither of them look amazing at the back.

Both look quite handy going forward to me though tbf.

All getting a bit Colombia v England at the moment.

I assume someone's got money on Suarez going off ? :D

Â