World Cup : Quarter Finals

BOF

I said it was between Belgium and Brazil and now they meet in the QF.

If I was English, I would be thinking there's a lot of teams left that we can beat, should beat, even.

I like what Southgate has said about making the most of the opportunity. I'd say you're the 4th strongest team left in the competition.

Surely one of Brazil, Belgium, France or England win from here.

Who would you play should you make the Semi Final?

I don't see Sweden causing you any problems based on their game against the Swiss, perhaps their number 10 might.

9 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

If I was English, I would be thinking there's a lot of teams left that we can beat, should beat, even.

I like what Southgate has said about making the most of the opportunity. I'd say you're the 4th strongest team left in the competition.

I don't see Sweden causing you any problems based on their game against the Swiss, perhaps their number 10 might.

Sweden will be a really tough game... but I think the way they play will actually suit England. I think all four teams in this half of the draw are a pretty good match for each other though - all tough opponents for England, but on our day we could beat any of them.

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

Sweden are a fantastic unit who will be hard to break down. It will be our toughest game yet, we really need Sterling on form for this.

He's surely about due a big performance - he's worked really hard so far without really showing us what he's capable of.

Just now, MrDuck said:

He's surely about due a big performance - he's worked really hard so far without really showing us what he's capable of.

Trying too hard sometimes, it's not helping his game as he loses the ball. Just needs a break and he will make a big difference.

• Like 1

Will be watching the Belgium game in Belgium today so hoping for an emotional rollercoaster of a match which will end on penalties, just so I can watch the fear on the faces of the locals and think "i know them feels"...

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

I think as a team with the odd world class player Uruguay and Croatia would fancy their chances against us. 

The midfield pairing of Croatia probably the best in the competition and Uruguay’s front two and centre half pairing are also as good as it gets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think as a team with the odd world class player Uruguay and Croatia would fancy their chances against us. 

The midfield pairing of Croatia probably the best in the competition and Uruguay’s front two and centre half pairing are also as good as it gets.

I am only going off what I have seen and know of the squads, which is nothing of Uruguay apart from the Cavani and Suarez threat.

Croatia have some good players and are well organised, although I thought the score against Argentina flattered them. It was Argentina who gave the game away, even the Modric goal was a result of poor positioning and effort in the lead up to him receiving the ball from Argentina.

England have above average talent in each position, I know success has been few and far between for England but I look at the quality in the squad and think they can beat anyone with a good showing and a bit of luck.

I would say on England's day they're a Neymar, De Bruyne or Mbappe away from being as good as it gets.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I am only going off what I have seen and know of the squads, which is nothing of Uruguay apart from the Cavani and Suarez threat.

Croatia have some good players and are well organised, although I thought the score against Argentina flattered them. It was Argentina who gave the game away, even the Modric goal was a result of poor positioning and effort in the lead up to him receiving the ball from Argentina.

England have above average talent in each position, I know success has been few and far between for England but I look at the quality in the squad and think they can beat anyone with a good showing and a bit of luck.

I would say on England's day they're a Neymar, De Bruyne or Mbappe away from being as good as it gets.

Uruguay’s centre half pairing play together for Atletico Madrid. Strongest defence in Europe only conceding 4 goals at home all season. They will give France a run for their money. 

Agree about England lacking that one world class player that can be the difference in big games. If only Bale was English. 

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wouldnt be shocked if Uruguay turn over France. They are famous party poopers after all

Agreed, but If Cavani is out it will be a huge loss for them, bit like Colombia without James.

• Like 1

Big call, but we're gonna **** BUTTFUCK the Turnips. 

Pickford hattrick before 10 mins, the Swedes will cry so bad their **** Fjords will overflow, resulting in rising sea levels and EXCESS SALTINESS haha - pussies. 

The viking legend will become a completely joke, and akin to what we refer to as FAIRIES HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Their manager will probably have to carve a kayak out of his bench to survive the flood of Swedish tears, and fashion a canoe out of Ibra's nose bone, which he can rob when he's farting around at halftime, doing VISA adverts, or Dolmio or whatever he does now. 

1 million - nil 

Ban all the Swedes on VT too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Big call, but we're gonna **** BUTTFUCK the Turnips. 

Pickford hattrick before 10 mins, the Swedes will cry so bad their **** Fjords will overflow, resulting in rising sea levels and EXCESS SALTINESS haha - pussies. 

The viking legend will become a completely joke, and akin to what we refer to as FAIRIES HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Their manager will probably have to carve a kayak out of his bench to survive the flood of Swedish tears, and fashion a canoe out of Ibra's nose bone, which he can rob when he's farting around at halftime, doing VISA adverts, or Dolmio or whatever he does now. 

1 million - nil 

Ban all the Swedes on VT too. 

The fjords are in Norway :D

Other than that, yeah I would be hugely surprised if Sweden can pull another one out of the bag.

But then again surely it shouldn't be too difficult to beat a bunch of pink toothless drunks busy Instagraming about their new diamond earrings and bedazzled super cars.?

• Haha 3

On another note Sweden captain Andreas Granqvist became a father to a little girl (Mika) tonight when his wife gave birth. They also have a 4 year old daughter.

22 minutes ago, sne said:

The fjords are in Norway :D

Other than that, yeah I would be hugely surprised if Sweden can pull another one out of the bag.

But then again surely it shouldn't be too difficult to beat a bunch of pink toothless drunks busy Instagraming about their new diamond earrings and bedazzled super cars.?

SAME THING INNIT

cocky floyd mayweather GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wouldnt be shocked if Uruguay turn over France. They are famous party poopers after all

Well Uruguay will be the first good side they played, can't stress how much of a basket case Argentina are and they still struggled with them at times. France did look more of a 'team' in that game but if there's a side out there that can make you look like a bunch of strangers it's Uruguay with how good they are at the back. Unless Mbappe can turn it on I think Uruguay have a great chance here. 

Might be stating the obvious but Sweden are no mugs.  They came up against France, Holland, Italy & Germany so far in the tournament (including qualifiers) and they are still standing.   I'm confident England have what it takes to beat them and I know that Southgate isn't stupid enough to underestimate them, but it's gonna be another horrible game to sit through isn't it? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

With Cavani, possibly.  Without him, I can't see it.  Although obviously I sincerely hope Uruguay progress.

Â