World Cup : Group C (Fra, Aus, Per, Den)

BOF

Like I said in one of the other threads, there's a real dearth of striking talent these days, and this is affecting a lot of teams in this tournament.

A lot of teams have been playing well but have nobody decent up front to finish or hold up the ball and it's costing them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Ominously ticking along nicely France

i think they've got results but been poor and will be under a ridiculous amount of scrutiny and pressure from back home, tonight's result could see them play the argies next round (although to be fair from what ive seen 1) the argies arent better and 2) croatia would give france a game)

they will either go up a gear and do well or stay as they are and crash and burn

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

france have to be better, especially if croatia get  a decent result tonight and top the group

unless their heads are gone i cant see the aussies beating peru

They beat Iceland comfortably last time ;)

Jeffersson Farfan will miss Peru's last game after having suffered a traumatic head injury during training.

was knocked unconscious and out for several minutes apparently.

Hope he's OK

• Like 1

Bit of feeling building that maybe we'll be able to sneak through tonight. Queue Australia 0-3 Peru and/or France 0-0 Denmark.

Edited by Hornso

All of these results could go either way but my prediction is France 3-1 Denmark, Australia 2-2 Peru. 

Mile Jedinak will score both our goals from VAR verified penalties. 

Can't believe Peru will go out of world cup without even scoring a goal, they are certainly better than that.

Think they'll beat Australia tbh. Aussies struggle to create much in open play and think they'll struggle against Peru's style.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im still not sold on france, could be saving their best football for the latter stages but they definitely need to go up a couple of gears for the QFs

No, Deschamps is a terrible manager, can't get this lot playing as a team. Should have been sacked for that embarrassment of a final two years ago.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im still not sold on france, could be saving their best football for the latter stages but they definitely need to go up a couple of gears for the QFs

I'm worried they're the kind of side who will.  I can easily believe they think the group stage is beneath them.  Hopefully they get an Argentina who've found a second wind (or a first wind!) in the last 16.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

I hope Australia don't bear the brunt of a wounded Peru who've only lost 1-0 to both European sides.

Umm. 2-0 now.

Â