Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Posted (edited)

Kerem Shalom is one of the places where Humanitarian aid is brought in.

Linky

Several people were injured Sunday and sent to the hospital after approximately 10 "projectile launches" crossed from an area adjacent to the Rafah crossing toward Kerem Shalom on Sunday, the Israel Defense Forces said.

The Kerem Shalom crossing is now closed to humanitarian aid trucks, the IDF said.

According to the IDF, Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.

-ABC News' Jordana Miller

Three Israeli Soldiers Killed in Rocket Attack Claimed by Hamas

The Israeli military said that about 14 rockets and mortars were fired toward Kerem Shalom, a conduit for aid into Gaza. Three other soldiers were badly wounded.

Geo-located right inside Rafah. Fired from within the same population which still majorly supports the people that is contributing to this bloodshed and giving Israel cause to shut down humanitarian crossings. 

I wonder why they're even entertaining Hamas at the negotiations in Egypt.

Edited by magnkarl

Posted (edited)

Considering the 'protests' at some college campuses in the US have now started becoming an America hate-fest where the protesters take down American flags, burn them and hang up Palestinian flags I don't see how long they'll continue. I think it was on Bill Maher the other day where someone went around one of the tent camps outside Colombia and asked people if they were a student, 1/10 of them were. It seems a bit like the new excuse to riot and occupy, and unless something happens in Rafah I don't see how Israel will continue the killing spree they had initially. International pressure has helped for sure.

So, to remedy the issue around non-students taking over universities and keeping students out 'frat boys' and normal students who want to celebrate their education finishing soon have taken to counter-protesting and keeping flags and property safe. The people who were 'students for Gaza' quickly disappeared when challenged by other people than police. I wonder how much of this is fueled by social media.

Coincidentally the building that was occupied at Columbia was completely trashed by the 'protesters'. Time to look at the funding especially from Qatar to colleges in the US, I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the colleges with the most money received by the same people who support Hamas who have had the worst riots and vandalism.

Or here, people using their kids for some lovely protesting at one of the same camps in Sydney (yeah I know Sky Australia).

I'm afraid the cause is being marred by what seems to be a rather large minority of idiots who don't understand how they are coming across, or simply don't care.

Edited by magnkarl

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I'm afraid the cause is being marred by what seems to be a rather large minority of idiots who don't understand how they are coming across, or simply don't care.

Totally agree, there are some real clowns running Israel.

Problem is with humanity is that if there was no fighting over which religion is best, humanity will find another excuse to fight each other...

It is enlightening to compare the 3 major religions, there is almost the difference of a thickness of a fag paper between them.

‘Normal students, keeping flags safe’, ffs.

Yes, yes, some children and journalists have been accidentally shot, some in the back of the head whilst running away. Yes yes the water was cut off and the tents were bombed. But hell, that’s a flag and there is a line you don’t cross Abdul.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

‘Normal students, keeping flags safe’, ffs.

Yes, yes, some children and journalists have been accidentally shot, some in the back of the head whilst running away. Yes yes the water was cut off and the tents were bombed. But hell, that’s a flag and there is a line you don’t cross Abdul.

Yes, because what they’re doing at the moment is working out great, isn’t it? Free speech only counts when it is one side speaking. It’s turning into a monster where the people who initially protested have been replaced by racist thugs occupying and vandalising private property, all in the name of human rights of course, not due to some people just liking a good riot.

Edited by magnkarl

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, when do we think this next horror starts? Tonight?

Looks like tonight was the correct answer.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Third party peace deal accepted by Hamas but  rejected by Israel.

Bombing of Rafa has now begun.

Another great day in Gaza.

This will be missed whilst people argue about flags and the real meaning of free Palestine. Israel are intent on murder and genocide. 

• Like 1

There isn't a deal that Israel will accept, without Washington forcing them to, that is less than everyone that ever thought Hamas was alright standing in the desert on a big target and no further demands. 

They want to eradicate Palestine. They want their god given sea front property and they'll have the West Bank too.

• Like 2

I don't think the images and videos could get any worse but I've just seen some of the most horrific videos of children that I will ever see and it will never leave me. Shame on the free world. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

There isn't a deal that Israel will accept, without Washington forcing them to, that is less than everyone that ever thought Hamas was alright standing in the desert on a big target and no further demands. 

They want to eradicate Palestine. They want their god given sea front property and they'll have the West Bank too.

As far as I gather the proposed deal doesn't include the hostages. Again.

I know several countries who would not accept a cease fire unless their citizens were safe, including the one you and I live in. I don't even think we'd negotiate with terrorists. It's the same deal that Egypt and Qatar tried earlier in the year, and are now rehashing to try to put pressure on Israel even though Hamas have sent hundreds of rockets out of Rafah in the last days towards aid convoys, civilians and crossings.

If Egypt had any mettle in these negotiations they'd stop Hamas from giving Israel's war-crime fellowship a reason to go into Rafah, instead we're at exactly the same place as last time where the so called friends of Palestine in the Middle-East do f-all except for posturing and then feigning outrage when Israel responds to Hamas attacks within another Gaza city.

This could have been over months ago if Hamas had escaped the area through one of the hundreds of tunnels they have going out of Gaza to wherever their leadership are. But that would be too easy wouldn't it, have to squeeze that last bit of anger out of people by using the last city in Gaza full of civilians as shields and then wait for the expected Israeli response.

Both sides can go ¤#% themselves, the UN and the countries around Gaza can also do one. Civilians are being used as pawns in Iran and Israel's war, with what seems like flagrant disregard for their well-being from their so called leadership in the West Bank and Gaza who could've ended this months ago if they wanted to.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I don't know what to say UNRWA. Maybe it's time to let the big brother (UN) step in and help? 

Edited by magnkarl

10 hours ago, magnkarl said:

As far as I gather the proposed deal doesn't include the hostages. Again.

All of the major mainstream news sources, including the BBC were reporting that it did this morning - it might have changed during the day I guess, but it was consistently reported as being a part of the deal brokered by Egypt and Qatar, which itself was an updating of a deal the US proposed.

6 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I don't know what to say UNRWA. Maybe it's time to let the big brother (UN) step in and help? 

If there's one group of people whose information we know we can trust on this it's the IDF - in this case represented by COGAT - a unit of the Israeli military.

Again, all major mainstream news services, including the BBC are reporting that aid coming in from Rafah is being blocked by Israelis forces following their takeover of control of the border crossing at Rafah last night.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

All of the major mainstream news sources, including the BBC were reporting that it did this morning - it might have changed during the day I guess, but it was consistently reported as being a part of the deal brokered by Egypt and Qatar, which itself was an updating of a deal the US proposed.

If there's one group of people whose information we know we can trust on this it's the IDF - in this case represented by COGAT - a unit of the Israeli military.

Again, all major mainstream news services, including the BBC are reporting that aid coming in from Rafah is being blocked by Israelis forces following their takeover of control of the border crossing at Rafah last night.

It's staggering that it's being framed otherwise. The least credible source time and time again is the Israeli government and the IDF. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That crossing isn’t Rafah, it was shut yesterday after Hamas bombed it with mortars and rockets. (See above).

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

That crossing isn’t Rafah, it was shut yesterday after Hamas bombed it with mortars and rockets. (See above).

Reuters has:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-military-take-control-vital-rafah-crossing-gaza-into-egypt-2024-05-07/

Israeli forces seize Rafah border crossing, choking off vital aid

• Like 1

Â