Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The UN had already reported that hospital had previously been hit by an Israeli bomb and it had killed people.

The same day the UN reported a school being used as a shelter was hit by an Israeli bomb and killed people.

Israel told the civilian population to move south, and bombed the south.

Hamas have murdered and kidnapped civilians.

Ain’t nobody coming out of this shit show proven to be the innocent party. 

This whole discussion is a red herring imo, and I suspect that's the intention with all the conflicting and inconclusive evidence floating around.

Several other hospitals have already been bombed, as have places of worship, most recently an Orthodox church. The civilian death toll is already in the several thousands. This whole "It did happen. It didn't happen" back and forth is nothing more than a distraction.

• Like 4

Further searching suggests that the Visegrad24 account is run by an anonymous group,  with a fairly right wing agenda, throwing their lot in behind Le Pen, etc, and seem to have no problem just making facts up that suit their agenda, so I'd be taking that tweet with a fistful of salt.

On 19/10/2023 at 19:56, magnkarl said:

I’m happy for your thoughts either way mate!

The Jewish community isn’t really big on replying to census questionnaires either way, as it has often led to the obvious throughout history, so the community in Birmingham is a lot larger than you think. It is often fairly mixed in with the local population where there isn’t a choice to go to Jewish specific schools and such.

I often try to talk to my daughter about not having her kids in the Jewish school as it often is targeted by various groups, but she thinks it’s a good idea. Generally the community isn’t all that big on indicating where our places of worship etc are either as we tend to not want to stand out. A lot of us don’t really go to synagogue to worship either, and prefer to do it at home. With the culture comes a lot of scepticism of people in power, internally including rabbis and the so called ‘council’.

PS: I don’t live in London, I’ll have you. I live 45 minutes outside 😉

As much as I don't agree with Israeli policy,  I find this kind of behaviour absolutely disgusting.

It's these type of people that do so much damage and negatively affect the cause.

Utter imbeciles.

You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be Jewish people that do more for the palestinian cause than these **** will ever do.

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

A worthy argument of course, but again Israel’s bombing since about 1970 has been very accurate. What value does a car park have to a country that is so accurate with their bombs that they hit the load bearers on massive 10story buildings from 5 sides at the same time?

Hamas meanwhile is using mlrs systems that are known to combust and hit as many Palestinians as Israelis. I don’t see Israel missing if they wanted to hit the hospital, personally.

Yet every time the IDF kill a journalist it was a stray bullet.

• Like 4

I think we should be careful about accusing Israel of being extremely accurate in their bombing.

Unless we're saying they've targeted and hit over a hundred medical facilities, dozens of residential buildings, churches, refugee camps and schools deliberately?

• Like 1

Who's to say there wasn't a high profile target or two in that hospital car park? I mean, that is where they would go to be treated from other attacks. It's all speculation but I just don't buy that place got hit, by accident. 

spacer.png  spacer.png

I think it was momo thought the flag was banned?

Cardiff earlier today, photos don’t do it justice as I’d been chatting and only thought of a photo after a few thousand had passed. This was the straggling rear end.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting that the BBc are now describing this as the Israel - Hamas war.

Does that make Hamas a country?

I suppose it's the same as "the war against ISIS?"

It's all so shitty. 2023 and we are still just blowing each other up for land/resources/religion.

• Like 4

I took a few days off, because I could feel myself getting very frustrated... and had to go cool off.  Apologies to anyone I offended.

My biggest issue with the whole debacle is the blatantly biased reporting.

Anyone watch Piers Morgan?  He is just one of hundreds of reporters who seem to have been "told" about how to approach any interview.

The only thing he does is shout "do you condemn October 7th". He's (as with the others) like a dog with a bone.  No one can say anything until the start by condemning the attacks.  It's an utter farce.  Even if they condemn the attacks, the reporters want the guest to condemn again at every point they make.

It's so biased, it's disgusting.  

Palestinian ambassador : "Do you condemn the attacks...?" non stop interrupting, and frankly embarrasing.

Israeli embassador isn't asked about warcrimes at all.  No difficult questions at all.

It's not what journalism is about - or at least it shouldn't be.

One guest has been able to completely school the prat.  It's quite an intriguing watch - if only to watch him be utterly out-manouvred by a thoroughly intelligent Egyptian comedian.  I thoroughly recommend a watch.  

Anything difficult : "It's actually not my job to answer your questions".

Go back and watch the interview with Ben Shapiro, and see how Piers "interviews" him for comparrison.

Also, this guy pretty much encompasses everything I have been trying to say, but much much more eloquently.  Please watch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I wouldn’t spend too much time worrying about Piers Morgan.

He’s out to be loud and opinionated and controversial on any and every topic. It’s for clicks.

Personally, I couldn’t give a flying **** what Morgan pretends to think on any issue from Palestine to tea bags.

Not for Morgan though, watch it for the Egyptian guy.

He's quite frankly sensational.

Just now, Thug said:

Not for Morgan though, watch it for the Egyptian guy.

He's quite frankly sensational.

No, apologies but I’m not clicking play on something with Morgan in it. Or Darren Grimes or that nutjob GBNews Vicar, Alan Sugar, Jim Davidson, Andrew Tate, Richard Madeley….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

No, apologies but I’m not clicking play on something with Morgan in it. Or Darren Grimes or that nutjob GBNews Vicar, Alan Sugar, Jim Davidson, Andrew Tate, Richard Madeley….

Fair enough. Shame though.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

... but I just don't buy that place got hit, by accident. 

The nearer it was to the launch site, the more likely it would be hit accidentally.

We've seen the pics, the launchers come on racks, then you've got maybe ≥8 x chance of a potential misfire.

There's no safe conclusions to be made on blame either way from what we see?

What we know is they've both got explosives flying around.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xann said:

The nearer it was to the launch site, the more likely it would be hit accidentally.

We've seen the pics, the launchers come on racks, then you've got maybe ≥8 x chance of a potential misfire.

It's just another situation where the exact story cannot be established and perhaps never can be, but we all look at these things in the round and make our own minds up. I've no intention of attempting to influence anyone else. This will all be forgotten quite soon though, as another massive atrocity or several, lurk on the horizon. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Xann said:

Indeed.

But the lesson here is, if you tell the world that if Maggie doesn't move out, you're gonna kill maggie.  And you've killed lot's of maggies before.  Then you go to Maggie's house and smash her windows saying you're gonna kill the bitch tomorrow. 

Then tomorrow you pick up a gun and off you go to Maggie's house shouting bitch ain't moved, I'm gonna kill her... 

You're gonna look like a tit when you blame Fred (Maggie's husband), and carry on smashing other Maggie's windows.

Edited by Thug

26 minutes ago, Thug said:

My .........issue with the whole debacle is the blatantly biased reporting.

All joking aside, I certainly agree with this. I think it's plain as day in the vast majority of the western media. Other viewpoints are available.

The world's a business Mr Beale!

Â