Australian Football

Hornso

Thought considering we have a few posters based in Australia and that we have a thread keeping an eye on Swedish football we should have one to discuss Australian football & for the rest of you to bag how bad it is.

Thought this would be an appropriate way to start and it can all go downhill from here...

• Like 1

Every couple of weeks I see an A-League game on tv, and think ok, I'll watch some of this... I usually last about 10 minutes before giving up. It never seems to get any better. Even the best teams make the current Villa side look like Brazil circa 1970.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Every couple of weeks I see an A-League game on tv, and think ok, I'll watch some of this... I usually last about 10 minutes before giving up. It never seems to get any better. Even the best teams make the current Villa side look like Brazil circa 1970.

The salary cap doesn't help. No chance of competing with leagues like China, MLS & the Middle East. The limited amount of teams also means minimal chances for young kids coming through the system.

Adam Taggart is coming to the Roar, so another reason for Perth to hate Brisbane.

I actually rate him. Considering how limp the Socceroos are up front, he should be in the team.

• Like 1

I don't understand the need to constantly rate leagues against other leagues (I'm guessing we're all brainwashed by the constant "PREMIER LEAGUE IS THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!" stuff from Sky) - can't people just enjoy them for what they are?

That goal is **** incredible.  Fair play Aus.

• Like 2

On 02/05/2018 at 05:59, VillaChris said:

They were the first league to use VAR I think.

They have a few foreign players people will remember, Bobo plays for one of the teams and scores regularly. Used to play upfront for Beskitas.

Not sure if the A-League was the first but it's been in for nearly a full season now and everybody is still frustrated and angered by it on an almost weekly basis.

Also, I should mention Bobo broke the A League scoring record this season with 27 goals in 28 games.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1

What a joke of a league. firstly they  couldn't even think of a proper league name, just 'a league', and now a bloody gorilla is the top scorer. The game's gone.

• Haha 2

The A-league is still relatively young just like the MLS used to be.

As for last night, I will never grow tired of hating Kevin Muscat. A word removed of the highest order!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

As for last night, I will never grow tired of hating Kevin Muscat. A word removed of the highest order!

One of the easiest people in football to hate!

So last night's grand final was decided by an offside goal that VAR couldn't get right because they didn't get the correct camera angle on it. Despite the offside being crystal clear on the TV... <sigh>

Meaning this year's champions are Melbourne Victory, who finished 4th in the league, a mere 23 points behind Sydney and winning 12 games compared to Sydney's 20! :bang:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

One of the easiest people in football to hate!

So last night's grand final was decided by an offside goal that VAR couldn't get right because they didn't get the correct camera angle on it. Despite the offside being crystal clear on the TV... <sigh>

Meaning this year's champions are Melbourne Victory, who finished 4th in the league, a mere 23 points behind Sydney and winning 12 games compared to Sydney's 20! :bang:

Have you heard the latest...... VAR was offline for 9 minutes durine the match. Guess when the goal was scored? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a debacle. Amateur hour in a grand final. How could they not just have looked at any one of 300 monitors showing the Fox Sports coverage around the stadium showing a clear offside.

Imagine being a Newcastle fan. You'd be ropeable beyond belief.

Blimey, Iniesta being linked with a move to the A-League.

That would be nearly as big a coup for the league as when Heskey came down under.

3 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Blimey, Iniesta being linked with a move to the A-League.

That would be nearly as big a coup for the league as when Heskey came down under.

Imagine if they could get both Iniesta and Gabby :o

• Like 1

Â