Australian Football

Hornso

Imagine how bad you have to be at football to not get a contract with Central Coast "worst team in the A-league" Mariners, despite being worth squillions of dollars in marketing.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Hornso said:

Anyone watch the Korea friendly? Thoughts?

Matty Ryan pulled off some good saves. Hard to judge though. We shall see how we go in the Asian Cup in January.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't your goal offside, seemed like there was about 5 Aussies standing infront of the keeper when the shot came in!

Depends on your interpretation of the rule I guess :P. 3-4 were offside but Boyle (who wasn't) went in and challenged the keeper for the rebound (who just about had one hand on the ball) which then spilled to Luongo (who was originally offside) and he scored.

I'm sure Charlie Austin thought it was a goal.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Anyone been watching the Asian cup?  Game against Syria tonight decides whether we make the knockout rounds or not :blush:

Syria pushed you very close in World cup play offs so without Tim Cahill they could knock you out. Do you need a draw or win to get through?

Nothing much in the Aussie squad to get excited about tbh.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Syria pushed you very close in World cup play offs so without Tim Cahill they could knock you out. Do you need a draw or win to get through?

Nothing much in the Aussie squad to get excited about tbh.

A draw or a win will get us 2nd in the group and progression. A loss and a Palestine win will see us finished last in the group, whilst if we both lose we'd possibly go through as a 3rd placed team.

Pretty much spot on with your assessment. Ikonomidis (ex-Lazio) has been the standout performer for me thus far.

Edited by Hornso

3-2 win with goals from Mabil, Ikonomidis & Rogic. Mabil and Ikonomidis continuing their impressive form this tournament. Round of 16 versus with Japan (no thanks) or Uzbekistan (yes please) awaits, although with our weakened squad we'll have to be on our game regardless.

Â