Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Watched Clark against Tottenham opening game of the season, 30 second in, literally, lad gets away from him, gets to the touchline. What does Clark do?   Over commits, goes straight through him, gives away a free kick.

He is absolute toilet. Everything you don't want in a defender. Emotional and wreckless.

• Like 1

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Anyone think  Matt Richie would be worth trying get in on loan from Newcastle?

I think we would have zero chance. There was a big roundabout going on over summer with Stoke trying to buy him for big dollar. Newcastle wouldnt sell unless they could get Townsend who didnt want to move. 

He would be exactly what we need but with them being unable to replace him there is no way they would loan him out. Also pretty sure he started at the weekend. 

So all in all. 

No

• Like 1

Just now, villaglint said:

I think we would have zero chance. There was a big roundabout going on over summer with Stoke trying to buy him for big dollar. Newcastle wouldnt sell unless they could get Townsend who didnt want to move. 

He would be exactly what we need but with them being unable to replace him there is no way they would loan him out. Also pretty sure he started at the weekend. 

So all in all. 

No

Heard he had a a strop when was subbed against Spurs if out of favour or fallen out with Benitez then who know's? stranger things have happened

Yep the world of football is certainly bananas. But still cant see it happening. Benitez is too savvy to let someone go who might help them stay up even if they have had a falling out. 

Would be fantastic if it did happen though. An almost perfect replacement for Snodgrass. 

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I'd take Clark back he would do a job at this level. I'd even consider Nathan Baker.

You do realise we don't have target ex players and there is the whole of Europe we can look around for much better.

Lots of players we can get on loan that are better than Baker or Clark

What's the point of having those two back they was shite first time around!

Cracks me up when people always want ex players back.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

2-3 bruce has confirmed he wants.  Seems pretty confident about those coming in.

Doubt any if those will be spurs player though!!

I'd fax through an offer of 3m and Richards for Kane. 

• Haha 3

I don't necessarily want ex players back. I was just commenting on the speculation.

However I do prefer Villa to have homegrown players in the team. especially brummys. I look at all these nervous keepers we have like Nyland, Gollini and Moieria and think surely theres a big unit on some building site in cotteridge that couldn't do any worse.

5 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I don't necessarily want ex players back. I was just commenting on the speculation.

However I do prefer Villa to have homegrown players in the team. especially brummys. I look at all these nervous keepers we have like Nyland, Gollini and Moieria and think surely theres a big unit on some building site in cotteridge that couldn't do any worse.

I like Liam Roberts at Walsall (Lower league version of Jordan Pickford) not obviously as good but has potential to be on par imo one day with right coaching! more or less same height, same acrobatic ability reminds me very much of Pickford when i watch him! They both more or less same age (Pickford 24 and Roberts 23). For around 500k in Jan would 100% do that! Pickford is 1.85m and Roberts 1.83m in height

Would be a good pick up to develop as would have a cracking keeper on our hands!!

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I know Clark wasn’t perfect, but he was good at this level for NUFC in their league winning season. 

Don’t know who the other guy is?

Think he is a ball winning midfielder. I'd take both. Clark did well for Newcastle in this league, plus he knows the club.

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

Think he is a ball winning midfielder. I'd take both. Clark did well for Newcastle in this league, plus he knows the club.

Like a Whelan/Jedinak replacement? We do need someone of that ilk. 

• Like 2

Moriera

Elmo - Chester - Clark - Hutton

Hayden

Grealish - McGinn

Green --------------------- Adomah

Kodjia

Better than last season's team. More energy, good pace. 

Also got Hourihane, Hogan, Lansbury, Bree and others as backup 

Edited by Dick
  • Like 1

Â