Match Thread: Sunderland v Villa

Czechlad

Just now, Keyblade said:

Nice to be on the other side of a comfortable game where 1 team doesn't get out of 2nd gear and the other tries every gear but does **** all :D 

That sums up that first half perfectly. Surely Sunderland can't be that bad in the second half. 

Enjoyed it.

We are certainly trying to play positive attacking football and have put a couple of lovely moves together.

Best thing for me is our movement off the ball, at times we are all over the place ( in a good way).

The crowd are ready to lynch their team, if we get another the place will empty ( even more).

Only sour note is a couple of our ‘ fans’ singing (?!) endlessly about Tracey Andrews and breaking Blues fans legs. Pathetic and vile. Also killed the atmosphere near them so much had to move away. 

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Absolutely - They were time wasting and lethargic from the opening. They don't want to be on the pitch. We just need to be professional and patient. I'm sure Saturday is going to be a very good game.

Spot on

5 minutes ago, richp999 said:

I can't remember villa being so bad and still battering the opposition.. 

Sunderland are total shite. 

I don’t think we’ve been ‘bad’... misfiring a bit but overall ok. Chester is oddly out of sorts again though.

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

According to most Villatalkers, that!s what happened against Wednesday too.

Wednesday had a real go and should have scored around 5 goals. Sunderland may as well go home. 

No comparison between the 2 games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Looks like Barnsley have been good against Cardiff and QPR have had the better of Derby so hopefully at least one of them will get a result, then it’ll be a cracking night for us.

It honestly doesn't seem to matter how good other teams are against Cardiff.

They will get battered for a whole game and still win some how ffs.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Enjoyed it.

We are certainly trying to play positive attacking football and have put a couple of lovely moves together.

Best thing for me is our movement off the ball, at times we are all over the place ( in a good way).

The crowd are ready to lynch their team, if we get another the place will empty ( even more).

Only sour note is a couple of our ‘ fans’ singing (?!) endlessly about Tracey Andrews and breaking Blues fans legs. Pathetic and vile. Also killed the atmosphere near them so much had to move away. 

Sad