2018-19 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

hard to tell because each team seems to have a hard on for different QBs and no one seems to know 100% who the best QB is

assuming the browns go for darnold at 1, giants take rosen at 2 and then the jets take allen at 3 but if the giants take barkley at 2 then the reality is unless someone else traded up the board (bills or arizona...colts can afford to drop down) or the broncos took another one for the future then maybe rosen but almost definitely allen and mayfield would still be there at 6 anyway

JPP and a fourth round pick traded to the Bucs for a third and a fourth. :(He didn't really fit the new defensive scheme but this screams salary dump more than anything.

One of my all time favourite Giants. 

5 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Weird trade. Are you switching to a 3-4? Barely saves on cap at all, but I suppose you've got a fair amount of holes to fill in the draft...

yeah switching to a 3-4. it only saves about $2.5m this year but $19m next year and $17m the year after. Will really help in resigning both Collins and Beckham to new deals.

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Are the QBs in this draft as highly rated in their position as Barkley seems to be?

If I was the Giants GM (i'd be out of a job) i'd probably take Barkley and look to draft a QB next year. 

It's weird, because they were before this past college season. Suddenly their play drops off a bit and now people seem to be suggesting the class is overrated.

I think we'll take a QB this year, and I've got a sneaking suspicion it'll be Josh Allen. For him more than anyone it would benefit him to sit behind Eli for a year and I think Gettleman will see some similarities to Cam Newton in his game.

13 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

yeah switching to a 3-4. it only saves about $2.5m this year but $19m next year and $17m the year after. Will really help in resigning both Collins and Beckham to new deals.

It's weird, because they were before this past college season. Suddenly their play drops off a bit and now people seem to be suggesting the class is overrated.

I think we'll take a QB this year, and I've got a sneaking suspicion it'll be Josh Allen. For him more than anyone it would benefit him to sit behind Eli for a year and I think Gettleman will see some similarities to Cam Newton in his game.

How do you think Barkley rates with what the Giants already have? 

33 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Are the QBs in this draft as highly rated in their position as Barkley seems to be?

If I was the Giants GM (i'd be out of a job) i'd probably take Barkley and look to draft a QB next year. 

The move the sticks podcast ranked the last 3 years QBs earlier in the week and had darnold at 1, wentz 2, Rosen 3, goff 4, mayfield 5, Allen 6 so it sounds like a good year

theres a real danger that bills and Arizona could still pick up a top quality QB outside the top 10

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

How do you think Barkley rates with what the Giants already have? 

barkley is ten times better than the backs we have on our roster atm if that's what you mean. but then again, you can easily get by with serviceable running backs anyway.

22 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

barkley is ten times better than the backs we have on our roster atm if that's what you mean. but then again, you can easily get by with serviceable running backs anyway.

Yeah, I don't know. I just think an RB makes more sense to me but as you said you can get by with serviceable backs.

eli is 37 years old an declining. how many times will we ever get the opportunity to draft a franchise quarterback without having to sacrifice multiple first round picks in the future? with the talent we have on the roster we shouldn't be this high in the order for the foreseeable future. it would be completely irresponsible to draft barkley when there are teams desperate to sacrifice multiple picks to get one of darnold, rosen, mayfield and allen.

think of it this way. look at what the colts got for their pick. they received #6, and three second round picks. you're then basically saying that barkley is worth more than that.

if gettleman doesn't like any of the options there, thats fine, trade down with a team who does rate one like the broncos or the bills. then next year we could even use some of that draft capitol to move back up for a qb if he likes one enough.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 1

what are the dolphins even doing this offseason? let both of their best players go, and brought in a load of old washed up players like robert quinn and frank gore. josh sitton is a nice pickup but he's getting on now too. and now i see they've signed brock osweiler. he won't start obviously but that seems totally unnecessary considering they already have cutler and matt moore.

Â