2018-19 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Can the Jets re-trade the trade if someone else comes in and really wants that third pick on the day  ?

As far as I am aware, they can. The Browns got the Number 8 pick in the 2015 draft from the Eagles, and traded that pick again to move down to 15 and get more picks, which I suppose is the same principle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

every time i see quenton nelson mocked to the giants at number 2, a little piece of me dies inside

A guaranteed 10 year Pro Bowler in a position where you're very poor ? 

Who do you want ?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

A guaranteed 10 year Pro Bowler in a position where you're very poor ? 

Who do you want ?

i just want value. there are plenty of good interior linemen in this draft. if we traded down to say 5 with the broncos i could probably stomach it a little bit better knowing we picked up another pick or two. I'd be ecstatic to pick him up at 12 if the bills want to trade up, but he probably won't be there.

at two, we have the chance to either draft eli's successor or trade back for a haul, which i'd be far more inclined to do personally. you don't require an elite guard to be successful, nor do you build around one.

Edited by abdomlahor

6 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

i just want value. there are plenty of good interior linemen in this draft. if we traded down to say 5 with the broncos i could probably stomach it a little bit better knowing we picked up another pick or two. I'd be ecstatic to pick him up at 12 if the bills want to trade up, but he probably won't be there.

at two, we have the chance to either draft eli's successor or trade back for a haul, which i'd be far more inclined to do personally. you don't require an elite guard to be successful, nor do you build around one.

Could you stomach Barkley at 2 ?

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

yeah. i don't think it would be the smart thing to do as we've discussed, but he could be a difference maker.

I'd usually agree with you on not taking a RB that high , but Zeke , Fournette and Barkley are worth the reach . 

My gut still says you trade down . 

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Can the Jets re-trade the trade if someone else comes in and really wants that third pick on the day  ?

Yeah, you do as you please when the pick's yours.

The Jets want Mayfield and they think he's there at 3 IMO.

Cody Latimer leaves us for the Giants. I'm bummed about that. He's a special teams ace and I was just waiting for him to break out. Glue for hands. His only drawback is iffy route-running.

Boo :(

Edited by Tegis

19 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

I don't see him going all in for a guard at two no matter how good he could be. The highest DG has ever selected a lineman for us was the last pick of the second round last year. We had two all-pros on our line last year (Daryl Williams & Norwell). One a fourth-rounder, one a UDFA. Like Carl, I think you trade back unless you absolutely love one of those QBs.

18 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'm still not sure about how I feel trading up to 3. We didn't give up a lot (as compared to other trade ups in recent years), but I still really didn't like giving up a couple of early 2nds. 

You didn't give up a lot?

• Like 1

Â