Robinho sentenced to 9yrs for rape

Guest av1

Brazilian footballer Robinho has been sentenced to nine years in prison for taking part in the gang rape of a woman in Milan in 2013.

An Italian court ruled the 33-year-old and five other Brazilians assaulted the Albanian woman, who was 22, after plying her with alcohol in a nightclub.

The forward, who left AC Milan in 2015 after five years, was not in court but pleaded not guilty via his lawyer.

The sentence will be put on hold until the appeals process is completed.

Robinho, capped 100 times by his country, spent two years at Manchester City and currently plays for Atletico Mineiro in Brazil.

A post on Robinho's Instagram page said he had "already defended himself against the accusations, affirming that he did not participate in the episode" and that "all legal measures are being taken".

BBC

Following in the proud tradition of his ex teammate Mancini

At least they are both slightly less repulsive than Mancini's teammate from his Atletico Miniero days Bruno who tortured and murdered his ex girlfriend...

That generation of Brazilian players really do have issues.

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Following in the proud tradition of his ex teammate Mancini

At least they are both slightly less repulsive than Mancini's teammate from his Atletico Miniero days Bruno who tortured and murdered his ex girlfriend...

That generation of Brazilian players really do have issues.

Robinho's current club :o

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Robinho's current club :o

Also the club Ronaldinho went to after he got on the wrong foot with Flamengo after they did not let him build a tunnel between his home and his nightclub.

Flamengo being the home club of once unstoppable striker Adriano

Bildresultat för adriano  ak47

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Brazilian government, Italian judicial system, multi-millionaire footballer. Hmm. 

I wonder if he'll get off with a fine and not spend a single day behind bars......

Bruno, the guy I mentioned in the post above was sentenced to 22 years for the the torture and murder of his ex.

Got out after 6 and a half year due to a legal technicality.

He's now back in jail I think.

As for Robinho I think I read there are 6 instances to appeal to in Italy so he'll be in his 40's probably before he serves any time, if it ever comes to that.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Brazil was always the hiding place of criminals due to the lack of an extradition agreement at least with the UK. I wonder if they can physically move him into an Italian prison?

Brazil has a law which prevents any of its citizens being extradited from within the country as well, though I believe it can be over-ridden in extreme enough circumstances. However, I would suggest that if Robinho never leaves Brazil, he will never do a minute of this jail sentence. All bets are off if he leaves the country, though. 

He has said he is innocent and will appeal. 

Love to know when the last time someone came out and said. Yep I did it, I'm a filthy swine and deserve to get locked up and not get out early on parole......

39 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He has said he is innocent and will appeal. 

Love to know when the last time someone came out and said. Yep I did it, I'm a filthy swine and deserve to get locked up and not get out early on parole......

It’s evidence based isn’t it, if the chance of getting off is so small that you may as well plead guilty and play the remorse card for a reduced sentence.

As has been said, it’s unlikely he’ll do a day in an Italian jail so he may as well have a punt at being found innocent or acquitted.

Â