Half Time Scores

sidcow

6 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Hanlon's Razor. It's probably just because the Premier League scores are listed first on whatever website or app they are pulling from. 

I'm not convinced on that. Do they go all through the PL and Championship scores at Walsall before reading out the League 1 scores just before the team runs out for the second half I wonder? 

Call me crazy, but they're probably reading them out because they think people might be interested int he premier league scores. Which is true.

And they probably read them first because it's the top flight.

It's the way it's always been since the beginning of time. It's just because for 30 yrs we have been snobby premier league fans and never noticed.

All half time and full time scores are read out from the Prem down.

Now we're second division fodder you start noticing how the other half live.

Edited by villan_007

On 11/6/2017 at 23:59, HanoiVillan said:

I'm with @sidcow on this one. Bournemouth v Newcastle is not more important or more interesting for me than Cardiff v Leeds or whatever. 

It is for me. I'd much rather see the prem scores than the Championship scores.

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair enough. Obviously it's a personal preference. But that's inexplicable for me. 

Why?

I really don't care about the championship. I might check the odd score for teams around us, but it's irrelevant for me.

I have much more interest in the Premier League.

But even if we don't prioritise it, there are a LOT of people who want to know the Premier League scores, and like I said above I imagine they show the Prem scores first because it's the top flight and it's logical to show them first.

It's really not an issue.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I just thought it made more sense to start at the top and work your way down.

Exactly. I don't really see why people think it's so baffling.

If we were in the prem and they started with the Championship scores, then that would be weird.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. I don't really see why people think it's so baffling.

If we were in the prem and they started with the Championship scores, then that would be weird.

Well yeah, of course it would. Because then that would be a division we're not in. Which is why starting with the Prem is weird now. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well yeah, of course it would. Because then that would be a division we're not in. Which is why starting with the Prem is weird now. 

No it would be weird that they didn't work from the top down.

FWIW I was at Loftus Road a couple of weeks ago and they did the same thing.

I can see the reasoning behind both approaches and I can see why some prefer it either way.  For me it seems like it would be more logical for our club to start with the scores of the division that our club is currently playing in.  But meh, it's not that big an issue.

Maybe psychologically it's better to start with the Premier League as it reminds us where we're aiming for, instead of accepting where we are :) 

On 11/4/2017 at 23:10, The_Rev said:

Hanlon's Razor. It's probably just because the Premier League scores are listed first on whatever website or app they are pulling from. 

You'd think that if they can pull these scores from some integration that they could also filter said pulled scores. If this is the case, which I doubt, then it's just lazy development.

On 11/4/2017 at 22:18, sidcow said:

I'm not convinced on that. Do they go all through the PL and Championship scores at Walsall before reading out the League 1 scores just before the team runs out for the second half I wonder? 

As someone who goes to the Bescot every few months.......Yes. :lol:

Â